Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Bizhub 361 CD203 error.

Hey, all:
    I have a biz 361 that threw up a CD203 while I was testing feed motor M9 for a feed section squeak.
    I have tried holding down the utility key and doing a trouble reset, as well as put in a recovery firmware CF card. The existing firmware seems fine, and functions as it should except I can only access the 1st service mode screen, and pushing any desired menu buttons on touch do nothing except display a 'please wait' message for over 1 minute.
    I have also removed the LVPS and ohmed out the 4 24v hard-mounted fuses, and the 120v fuse is also obviously fine if I see a screen light up!
    The STOP-ZERO-CLR brings up that menu list, and I tried executing a couple things in there, but still the error persists.
    I think the PRCB, and possibly motor are both bad. I wasn't sure if I was doing the recovery firmware CF properly, as I don't seem to have any instructions for it. Any help before I start ordering parts would be appreciated. I wish there were a 'warm restart' switch someplace on this model, like there is on some of the older units!! Is there? I can't find any reference to one, or a jumper.

Re: Bizhub 361 CD203 error.

Do the firmware upgrade or same version via USB. Could be a problem with the firmware data on the OACB and PRCB not talking they way it should. Could have been triggered by directly accessing the hardware output somehow. So my first guess would be the OACB is not responding to instructions because of firmware data corruption on it.

So i would think change the OACB first if you are going to change something.

But that is enough of my senseless theories.
    Whatever

Try reflashing the CF card...

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Try reflashing the CF card...
    Done, writing a new card didn't work. Can NOT access the ISW menu in order to use a USB stick. Recovery FW did not work either. I have replacement boards, and a motor on the way. I'll post a follow-up.

FYI: If your machine has an error that won't reset, your USB stick will be useless if you can't access the menu.

Take your time to read thru the entire ISW section in the manual concerning boards. Those motors are robust so not sure if that will be damaged.
    Also look at the notes under "list of adjustment items" in the manual.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Take your time to read thru the entire ISW section in the manual concerning boards. Those motors are robust so not sure if that will be damaged.
    Also look at the notes under "list of adjustment items" in the manual.
    I have read and RE-read those sections, unfortunately, if you'll read my post, I've waited 1, 2 , 3+ minutes after pressing the menu buttons in service mode and it continues to say 'please wait.........error CD203.

The stop zero clear CE clear menu does function, but not the first set of buttons on the service mode screen (counter, system1, system2, etc. OK????) Unless I''m missing something, I'm getting old and slightly blind, so if you have an answer, you can give it to me and not make me hunt for it.

Or I can just go fix the machine and get back to you all. Should I wait TEN minutes after each button press? I don't have that kind of time to waste, I'm not working on it at the shop. Hope I'm not coming off rude, thanks for trying to help!

Meaning that you know what to do when you replace these boards. Understand its currently a brick.
    Whatever

Just trying to help...
    In this case i would try my best to get the machine to give a different error by unplugging stuff. Does the control panel go dead if you disconnect the OACB. I have this weird way of trouble shooting that seems to work for me. Sure i come off as an idiot sometimes but at least i get stuff fixed as thick as i am.

Something to chear you up.

Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Just trying to help...
    In this case i would try my best to get the machine to give a different error by unplugging stuff. Does the control panel go dead if you disconnect the OACB. I have this weird way of trouble shooting that seems to work for me. Sure i come off as an idiot sometimes but at least i get stuff fixed as thick as i am.

Something to chear you up.

Yeah, I tried disabling different things also..........before I threw up my hands in disgust and posted for help. All my Kon-Min tech. support people were on vacation for the holidays....rotten timing!!! I've found used staples in this machine, and may have bumped the connection on M9 while it was live but not running near the connector on bottom of motor PCB. I'm aware that NRB and CF contain all my customer's machine critical info, and I'd prefer not to wipe it all out as I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna fix it. Just make more crap to reprogram. Do NOT want to lose counters, in fact, I enabled counter backup to CF function while I was in the only menu that worked under service mode (user touch menu is fine, it's any button on the screen of menu choices AFTER service menu it says "duh please wait" for eternity. Sorry I wasn't clear about that part.....I also experimented by inserting different versions of 361 FW on CF cards, which would not even boot past hourglass screen. I'm going to find out if it was PRCB or OACB or BOTH that took a dump (regardless of what or who killed what) and post a follow up. I'd kill for a soft restart button, especially if I thought it would work.

Let us know what the result is. Its an old machine right? They run well but a little on the fragile side looking at the units. Not to mention the toner supply patent on it.

Lucky enough to avoid them for the best part, never changed CF cards or firmware on these unlike my experience with the bigger brother the 601/751 konica POS.

Standby sucks if all the suppliers are closed for business...
    Whatever