View Poll Results: Do you trust the media?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 13.48%
  • No

77 86.52%
Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    When will this schism end...
    Just ignore him.
    Re. Schism
    Talk about masochistic tendencies...
    After 9 years on CTN,I've just discovered how to use the "Ignore/block function....

Some of the CTN forums actually return to chronological context once the noise is filtered.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Re. Schism
    Talk about masochistic tendencies...
    After 9 years on CTN,I've just discovered how to use the "Ignore/block function....

Some of the CTN forums actually return to chronological context once the noise is filtered.
    Now i need to go and look for it. Hehe
    Whatever

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Now i need to go and look for it. Hehe
    The problem with blocking opposing views is you only get one side. The purpose of discussions like these is to provide your side and also to allow people to provide their side.
    The odds of one side being completely right and the other side being completely wrong is impossible. Unfortunately, some people can't seem to discuss a topic, they have to insult and personally attack others who have differing opinions.
    I have also, in the heat of the moment, insulted others in certain threads and I apologize to any who choose to accept it.
    Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so by your reasoning .....

copier addict and SSG shouldn't be commenting on Trump either?

hmmmm wonder who started those other " Trump's Crazy etc" rant posts?

OHhhhhh YEAH!

and there are five of you in there doing the majority of comments... and they are NOT from the USA!

typical..... two sets of rules....
    This was never meant to be a Trump bashing thread, I mentioned him at the beginning because he seems to get a lot of unfair press coverage over here. But that's just a fraction of the misinformation we get from the press.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The problem with blocking opposing views is you only get one side.
    Except that generally speaking someone else is going to "Reply with quote" and in said reply the quote will show the original post unless as here the replier deletes the portions that are irrelevant to the reply, why make everyone reread the entire post.

The nice thing with Blocking is that you do not get email notifications every time the blocked person replies to a thread you are following. Works here, does not work on Facebook.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    This was never meant to be a Trump bashing thread, I mentioned him at the beginning because he seems to get a lot of unfair press coverage over here. But that's just a fraction of the misinformation we get from the press.
    He gets alot of guff period

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The problem with blocking opposing views is you only get one side. The purpose of discussions like these is to provide your side and also to allow people to provide their side.
    The odds of one side being completely right and the other side being completely wrong is impossible. Unfortunately, some people can't seem to discuss a topic, they have to insult and personally attack others who have differing opinions.
    I have also, in the heat of the moment, insulted others in certain threads and I apologize to any who choose to accept it.
    This is excellent opinion and exactly my thoughts.

But in other forums I participated through the years I have been forced to block some radicals. I consider here even bsm not been radical, as he actually has few good points with network issues.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I consider here even bsm not been radical, as he actually has few good points with network issues.
    hell even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Except that generally speaking someone else is going to "Reply with quote" and in said reply the quote will show the original post unless as here the replier deletes the portions that are irrelevant to the reply, why make everyone reread the entire post.

The nice thing with Blocking is that you do not get email notifications every time the blocked person replies to a thread you are following. Works here, does not work on Facebook.
    Re Email notification:
    I wasn't aware that ignore list emails are not delivered.

I've noticed though that the ignore list function doesn't work unless you're logged to CNT.
    For those non-members/guest they still have to wade through all the noise on the relevant forums.
    IMHO, the ignore prompt text itself contains too much information. The ignore prompted text displayed on the screen could be reduced down to a single line of text, or no text prompt at all.

Re. Hidden Text:
    A collapsing text block function would be a very handy addition to CTN.
    With collapsing text, you'd be able to mouse-drag a block of text then collapse it down so it can't be read.

Collapsing text blocks are used within programming text editors, its quite a handy function.

----update-----
    Light-bulb moment.....
    Maybe Aneurysm could program an up/down arrow button for all the "Quote Text boxes".
    That would allow people to click on the button and reduce the over size quoted text blocks.
    He could even make quoted text blocks a checkbox option in the user settings parameters.
    The shrink-down quotes boxes might also add to better ignore list functionality.

A reduced/shrunk down quoted text button would certainly aide forum readability.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 05-14-2019 at 12:33 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Blindly trusting one style of self rewarding media sources because it conforms to your belief system is not an indication of a free thinker.

There are many so called "conservative" websites in the USA that attempt to hide their bias but are so totally overboard to the far right that any GTN member who refers to their content immediately loses credibility.

Media can be easily manipulated and the Russian security services are masters at fostering a social media opinion that benefits the demise of Western democracy. The Russian have a lot of experience in creating masterfully deceptive social media content.

There is a highly Democrat opinion website called "Be Less Stupid" that does a good job of describing how the Russians create fake news websites to channel public opinion to their preference.

I cannot find the specific YouTube video at the moment but it describes in detail how what fraudulently appears to be real websites of Democratic Presidential candidates are actually fronts to redirect you to websites with Russian or Republican motives.

Yes, I trust the media, just not from one source, one country and one point of view.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 05-18-2019 at 03:03 PM.