Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Oki supplies failing

Has anyone else out there been having issues lately with Oki supplies not resetting the life counter in the machines when they replace them?

We've recently had 2 MPS 3537's and a 2731 all have issues with genuine oki parts/supplies not resetting the count (like the fuses aren't popping to release the counter)

So far it's been 2 black imaging units, 3 fuser units, and 2 drum units for the 2731.

For no more product then we move this seems like a lot more than just a coincidence

Thanks for the info.

Chris
    TJL Copy Products

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Oki supplies failing

Re: Oki supplies failing

It's been a while since I've experienced this, but I seem to recall that the counter must reach end of life before you insert the new unit, otherwise it won't reset the counter. We had a lot of problems with this issue, mostly when a fuser didn't make life and we had to change it before end of life, or if an enduser changed an imaging unit when it said "Low" not end of life. There are secret codes to reset those counters, but the Oki hotline was very parsimonious with that information, parceling it out each tiny bit as needed. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Oki supplies failing

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's been a while since I've experienced this, but I seem to recall that the counter must reach end of life before you insert the new unit, otherwise it won't reset the counter. We had a lot of problems with this issue, mostly when a fuser didn't make life and we had to change it before end of life, or if an enduser changed an imaging unit when it said "Low" not end of life. There are secret codes to reset those counters, but the Oki hotline was very parsimonious with that information, parceling it out each tiny bit as needed. =^..^=
    correct ..and make sure the unit is powered down before opening door and replacing the part/supply.

you could always pull the unit.. solder a wire over the fuse .. reinstall power up to reset... pwr down pull item and clip wire like blown fuse. Worked on small color units and MB7xx and C0xx units it tried it on..
    good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I just install a new fuse across the terminals in the machine.I don't even turn it off but probably should.The machine resets after I close all the covers.Sorry....dont know the part number for it.