Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

8002i with 0360 error and registration jam

I had two of these machines the other day that had similar issues. One had a constant jam that would not clear. Had the tech go into maintenance mode 31 and found the registration sensor was actuated. Had him remove the paper guide that is held on with two screws and has a cutout for this sensor. The jam cleared and he was able to run prints with no issues. Found that the guide was slightly bent so that the bottom of the cutout was blocking the sensor. Carefully straightened the guide and reinstalled it and machine worked fine.
    The other machine had an intermittent 0360 error (communication error between engine board and feed PWB) and while testing for this issue ended up with a constant registration jam. Engine board and feed board had been replaced to try to clear the 0360 error which was still occurring. Found out there was 5 volts and ground to the registration sensor, but no 3.3 volts to actuate the sensor. Traced this back and was not getting the 3.3 volts at the engine board. Could not find out where this 3.3 volts originated from, but I think it is from main or engine. Checked voltages out of the power supply (there are no 3.3 volts coming from the power supply) and got all the 5 volts and 24 volts as they should be. Reseated YC8 which is the 5 volt supply for the entire machine and that cleared the jam and I never got a 0360 error again.
    Hope this helps someone else with this or similar issues.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    8002i with 0360 error and registration jam

Re: 8002i with 0360 error and registration jam

Wow! Two good ones! Thanks for sharing! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=