Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

bizhub c3300i/c4000i IU problems

Has anyone having problems with imaging units with these models?

One of the colours depleting toner and dumping it into waste toner box.

Also noted (on installation) too low or too high TCR ratios with coresponding service call and cca 300V difference from ither colours for Vg and Vdc.

Developer bumps on magnet roller and lack of developer on magnet roller.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: bizhub c3300i/c4000i IU problems

It is too early for us to say but your problems are strange. It's developer who dumps in WTB usually, when overtoning machine has CQ problems like foggy background etc do you have CQ problems?
    Too high TCR ratio definitely isn't good like high voltages. Check SM for proper voltages.
    Thanks for the warning.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The only way (on these models) to transfer toner to WTB is from magnet roller to drum (and even transfer belt) without being transfer to paper.
    Developing units of A3 color models have output to dispose surplus of developer to WTB. These models don't have that but only the output for toner scraped with drum cleaner.
    Don't think it's a voltage problem because if there's no charge on magnet roller or primary charge roller that would be seen on paper like fully covered with particular color.
    Difference in voltages can occur after image stabilization as machine try to compensate after reading weak (too light) patch from transfer belt in order to maintain image quality.

Could this be a FW problem?

P.S. Forgot to mention in my first post, when I tried to pull out problematic IU its drum was fully covered with toner.

Technician

Hi, I had the same problem with Bizhub C3300i.
    The client changed the yellow toner on around 800 total pages and after around 100 pages the yellow is empty again. The waste toner box was almost full with a yellow toner. The drum on the yellow IU was covered with toner and the developer was depleted. I toped up the developer using one from Bizhub C220. The TCR ratio normalized at around 6,5% and that seems to fix the problem for now. I inspected the drum surface and it is clean. I don't know the initial reason developer was lost. What color is your problematic IU, REGSIS? I don't think the dumped toner passes through the transfer belt. I think the drum itself is faulty. Maybe the problem will reappear. Or maybe they just did't put enough developer initialy?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had problems with 5 of these. IU Y and C mostly.
    Noticed that was happening with inital FW G00-23, and not with newly released G00-38 machines.
    Also noted that these strange behavior starts after toner change and can also stop after toner change, and after that reappear again on next toner change.

There is no official solution, only information that a change of particular IU solved the problem, but i strongly recommend a FW update to G00-3B.

I had no chance to test it or solve the issue by myself because KM replaced problematic printers with new ones under warranty.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

At the moment I have no customer who replaced the toner but Konica Minolta before installation highly recommended me to use the FW G00-38 because the FW G00-23 is problematic

Now it is possible to upgrade to the G00-45 version. A big update will come soon.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Avoid V45 at all costs.

It it has a bug that can brick the machine and is unrecoverable.

I would wait until the next release of firmware.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, can you give more details about the bug that can damage the mfp?

Technician

The firmware version on my faulty machine is G00-38. So that highly recommend version by KM is also not good. I also noticed the TCR values for IU C started going up and are now at 11%. I guess it will soon start to dump it's developer.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I think the problem dealt with BH secure..You need ver 45 to fully enable BH secure and if you partially enabled then went to ver 45 it couold cause a problem..We were told not to enable BH secure until ver 45 was released. I have not heard of any other issues caused by this release. E