Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

MX-4070N slow out of trays 1-4 only

I have an MX-4070N, been in the field almost 3 years. Copying or printing plain paper out of trays 1-4 (DE28 btw) picks up paper, and doesn't feed another sheet until the first copy/print is out of the finisher. It has an LCC tray, plain paper feeds normally out of the LCC, and the bypass tray. We have done the usual - Updated firmware,emergency firmware, DE28 PWB, replaced PCU, msata, HDD, MFP/SCN PWB, reset all settings back to factory, even went as far as copying a 4070N in 56-2 and putting that information into the copier ... Still has slow feeding out of the trays. Sharp is clueless on this one too. Anybody have any ideas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MX-4070N slow out of trays 1-4 only

As problems go, sounds as if you have a good one.....bear with me here, I'm just throwing out thoughts.....

How does it behave if you do a multi-page internal print, like the web setting list?

Disconnect all accessories including Doc Feed, does it behave the same from tray 1? I bet if you solve tray one you solve them all....

Does this machine have a security kit?

How does it behave when doing a 2-2 run??

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi

JobLog more then 60k??

Clear it and reboot

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

check 50-10 adjustments for the trays. are the trays set to different paper types.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    As problems go, sounds as if you have a good one.....bear with me here, I'm just throwing out thoughts.....

How does it behave if you do a multi-page internal print, like the web setting list?

Disconnect all accessories including Doc Feed, does it behave the same from tray 1? I bet if you solve tray one you solve them all....

Does this machine have a security kit?

How does it behave when doing a 2-2 run??
    Sorry been a busy bee.. All internal prints, one page at a time, does not matter what drawer. Disconnected all accessories, still slow prints, no dsk, have not tried a 2-2, will update after I try that

Technician

UPDATE
    Ran end of lease on machine, reset everything back to factory, unplugged all accessories (dspf, de28, fax) still does not make a difference in how the machine runs.

How does it act in SIM 7, misfeed disable?

LCT and bypass work.....

Paper trays exihibit the slow feed problem......

What is different between the paper path of the two?
    1. the angle that the paper enters
    2. by pass path does not use C1PFD

From the manual I cannot determine where the signal comes from to tell the machine to feed the "NEXT" sheet of paper. Bypass feed path does not use C1PFD. LCC paper path does drive paper by C1PFD, however the paper is hitting this actuator at a completely different angle. And LCC being an accesory may not even use this switch for timing.

C1PFD would be my next step. extra wrap on actuator spring has never hurt...

Technician

Lightbulb Re: MX-4070N slow out of trays 1-4 only

First of all - Thanks for helping me with this issue!!

I first tested C1PFD, it tested fine, and then I wrapped the spring around the shaft one more time, just for kicks.
    Ran copies, no change it spits out around 5 copies a min

Then I tested the Misfeed detect disable 5 copies each time - Heeeeeeere's where it get's interesting...

The paper feeds the first sheet at the speed it should - IT IS BLANK!
    Then the next sheet fed out ontop of the sheet behind it, print is scattered all over the place, BUT it did print out faster now.

From what I tested for bypass and LCC, they do not use C1PFD

Misfeed detect disable can be tricky, because the signal from the sensors is ignored so timing can be off. So don't be so concerned with how copies look with misfeed detect disabled.

Essentially misfeed disable is good for isolating a problem. If the paper passes with misfeed detect disabled you know mechanically the machine works, so you know you have a sensor/electrical problem. If paper does not pass with misfeed disable you know you have a mechanical problem.

In your case..... with misfeed detect disabled...."The paper feeds the first sheet at the speed it should - IT IS BLANK!
    Then the next sheet fed out ontop of the sheet behind it, print is scattered all over the place, BUT it did print out faster now."

Because the machine prints faster with sensor signals being ignored.....this would point in the direction of electrical........sensors, boards, harness etc.......

Everything about this screams PCU board, as it's handles component on/off and timing.

If able print a 22-6 report and a 23-2 "ALL" scan and post and/or compare to a working machine....not sure what to tell you to look for other than any "GLARING DIFFERENCES"

Is this machine connected to any type of external accounting device or vend system?