PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224e counter follow up problem

Custom Search

Jamil Mungur
06-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Dear friends

I need your help. We have around 10 bizhub C224e under maintenance contract. Till now everything went on smoothly, all the clients we billed at the end of month for their color and monochrome copies and prints.

Recently we installed a machine with a maintenance agreement and after his first bill the client complaint that there is a problem with the counter. He started to manually count the copies and prints and compared them to the machine counter. He would find a difference between his manual count and the machine counter everyday, where the machine count was more that the manual count.

My first reaction was to set job accounting on the machine, we compared the job accounting counter to the machine counter there was no difference but still big deference between the manual count and the machine counter.

I will go spend a whole day at the client to analyse the problem.

Please help me with the below :

1. How is a A3 counted ? As 2 A4 ?

2. What is the total count to be invoiced for the maintenance agreement.

Thank you in advance for help

emujo
06-09-2015, 08:38 PM
By default, 11x17 is counted as 2 clicks, that can be changed in service mode, but you will lose money in the long run. Also, if the customer is printing process black, that will increase the color count w/o them realizing it. Emujo

KingofMorton
06-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Everything the guy above said. If the driver is set to auto color or full color then it may act like the counters are broken if it is using all 4 drums to make a black. I had a lady make 26,000 black and white prints from her PC not realizing that it was actually in auto color and there was a small blue email address at the bottom. That was a $2,000 mistake.

Jamil Mungur
06-10-2015, 02:13 AM
I already explained to the client the :

11X17 that is A3 is counted as 2 A4 :
But here i have an issue on the counter for copy there is a Large size counter, does that mean A3 and same for Print there is a Large size counter, does that mean A3. Whereas for copy + print there is no Large size counter. Why there is no large size in copy + print ?
i want to know what is this Large size and how do we reach to Total copy + print

Driver set to full color or only a small blue email address at the bottom :
This one also in the past i already explained to the client and they systematically select greyscale, by the way what is the best way of setting grayscale by default on the driver ?

What counter is actually used for billing :

Is it the counter at the bottom of the counter page ?

Total
Black [1]+[2]
Color [3]+[4]+[5]+[8]

KingofMorton
06-10-2015, 04:34 AM
To default to print grey scale you must do that in the Control Panel on a PC. however it is set there it will stay that way. Defaulting the copy screen to black is done through menu, user settings, copier settings, default screen? You can set it to current settings or factory.

the billing counter is usually Menu, Counter, then it lists the black, color, and total on the left. if you want me to tell you how to set the billing counters you will have to Jam with me on the KMBS learning website.

The rest of the world needs to get away from that crazy A4 and B5 stuff and measure things the right way, the American way. My car get 60 rods to the hog's head and that's the way I likes it.

Jamil Mungur
06-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi
How to join the KMBS ?

earney
06-10-2015, 09:57 PM
There was something about this I heard once. Was to do with pdf I think. Even tho mono was selected it still printed using colour. From memory there was a check box that needed cleared in the printer properties. I'll check my documents when I'm back in the office on Friday

Custom Search