PDA

View Full Version : PKI Card System........ WTF?

Custom Search

mitchl
06-10-2015, 09:20 PM
So the Gov. and military are upgrading their machines and theres been an assload of low metered Bh223 series machines around for sale that all had the PKI card system security installed. Has anyone ever had to de-install this system completely and did it kick your ass or did you get it figured out? The one I'm dealing with right now had mainly fax issues from the get go, my tech did everything logical and I finally yanked the machine and decided to screw with it today. I realized the HDD was off so I fired it back up and upon re-boot got a password and screen name screen with the message connecting to external server. I also found that card system 2 was on in the billing mode except there was no unset selection. If youve seen this please tell me what needs to be done other than tossing another machines NVRAM in it.... which I did and things seem normal now. These guys have covered their bases apparently it uses some portion of the CS Care system as its set up options screen is not available. Any help with this would be mucho appreciated!

Like I said these guys are good I attempted to use the NVRAM recovery program to wipe out the machine ........ BUT when you try to run the program the machine boots normally and says it has detected a usb device and that it can not be used currently........ WTF???????

By the way have I expressed how much I hate the damn PKI security?

emujo
06-10-2015, 10:00 PM
It can be done, but during the PKI setup process, there are a few soft switches that are configured specifically for PKI. Just doing a firmware update and init wont fully put the MFP back in Non PKI. It helps to know what was set so you can undo the process. Emujo

mitchl
06-10-2015, 10:08 PM
It can be done, but during the PKI setup process, there are a few soft switches that are configured specifically for PKI. Just doing a firmware update and init wont fully put the MFP back in Non PKI. It helps to know what was set so you can undo the process. Emujo

Your absolutely right I do have the setup sheet and the entire PKI security book, hell I can recite the set up sheet backwards from memory, LOL.

emujo
06-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Additionally, look in the model specific service manual as there are some functions that are changed when the management function device is selected, and some of these functions do not revert back to factory when you change back to "unset". Had this bite me once some time ago. Emujo

mitchl
06-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Additionally, look in the model specific service manual as there are some functions that are changed when the management function device is selected, and some of these functions do not revert back to factory when you change back to "unset". Had this bite me once some time ago. Emujo

If I could just get the machine to run the NVRAM repair files this wouldnt be a problem at all. It should put the machine back to factory spec and defaults but it just boots to a screen that says it see's the USB but that feature is not available at this time. I think I'll go shove the USB into a machine in the showroom and see if it works there. Man this is annoying ........

sanvicente
12-14-2017, 04:16 AM
Hi. Its an old post but want to know if this issue with PKI card system has been solved???

Recently bought a lot of konica minolta copiers and 4 of them had the same problem... they are bizhub c360 with ridiculous low meter.... I know there will be a "trick" with the meter, but i was thinking more in hdd failure or fuser damged, maybe broken plastics, or so.. but not this kind of issue...

I do data clear. Run hdd format (readed in a thread of bh363 with same troubles) and nothing...

I enter in stop 9 and i cannot deselect the mode2 (the PKI card mode...)
When doing this (and several other attemps) machines show a "cannot conect to external server" legend.

I also know that the preowned wholesaler importer (im in mexico) are dealing with the same issue in other machines of the same lot.

Any help is welcome!

mitchl
12-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Hi. Its an old post but want to know if this issue with PKI card system has been solved???

Recently bought a lot of konica minolta copiers and 4 of them had the same problem... they are bizhub c360 with ridiculous low meter.... I know there will be a "trick" with the meter, but i was thinking more in hdd failure or fuser damged, maybe broken plastics, or so.. but not this kind of issue...

I do data clear. Run hdd format (readed in a thread of bh363 with same troubles) and nothing...

I enter in stop 9 and i cannot deselect the mode2 (the PKI card mode...)
When doing this (and several other attemps) machines show a "cannot conect to external server" legend.

I also know that the preowned wholesaler importer (im in mexico) are dealing with the same issue in other machines of the same lot.

Any help is welcome! Send me your email address and I'll send you a cheat sheet that will allow you to recover from the PKI blues. You have to change a few soft swithces that get changed during the PKI setup.

Custom Search