PDA

View Full Version : faxes coming out landscape

Custom Search

c3102
06-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Hi All,

I have a c454e with FK511 , when faxing the image turns to landscape at the receiving end. Its definetly on the copier side because when I fax and then cancel the job right away , I get a confirmation letter with the image attached showing the image sent in landscape. Only happens when faxing. Regular scanning and copying are normal.

Also when I initialized the fax it seems that the first fax will come out normal(potrait) but then everything after that turns back to landscape.

Firmware is K2, modem already swapped, and fax has been initialized from the service mode, disable option board on/off.

c3102
06-12-2015, 06:10 AM
Just to be clear , scanned image in portrait orientation will turn to landscape and landscape into portrait.

rayclouthier
06-16-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm dealing with this exact same issue.

Bizhub 454e, running J6 firmware at the moment.

I tested a one page fax 19 times. 14 of those were turned 90 degrees and shrunk on receiving side.
Those were all through the adf.

I did the same test on the glass, all were perfect.

Fax board has been replaced. ADF width adjustment is good. Though I had to replace the variable resistor early on.

It's being suggested to format the HDD, then possibly replace the MFP board.

Would love to hear if anyone else has seen this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

c3102
06-17-2015, 03:22 AM
MFP board replacement, I hope not....Did you open an ssd ticket and that is what is being suggested ? I am about to go that site and I am going to try to change the copier and scan/fax settings to default. Maybe something was change and I am not able to see it. I can also maybe format the drive but I have to whip up the laptop to save all address info.
I been putting off going there since there is a work-around , they are sending all faxes landscape which get flipped to portrait.

Regarding mine, I scanned on the glass and it also flipped only for faxes .

rayclouthier
06-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Finally fixed this.
Doc feeder originally needed a variable resistor. I replaced the doc feeder control board as well. But I never ran any adjustments besides the width adjustment.
Since then, I replaced mfp board (no change), logical hdd format (no change), performed an All Clear (no change).
On a whim, I ran all the doc feeder adjustments that use the A4 sheet that comes with the feeder.
That took care of it.

techie0419
12-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Hey,
I'm dealing with this on a C368. I tried doing the ADF setup with the A4 paper, but it's still having the issue with rotating the faxes. I'm double checking the settings against another machine in the same building, but I'm wondering if I need to replace the DFCB and then redo the ADF settings to duplicate your success... It's weird that it'll happen all of a sudden, apparently with users not doing anything different or changing anything. (Checking settings just to cover bases.)

Finally fixed this.
Doc feeder originally needed a variable resistor. I replaced the doc feeder control board as well. But I never ran any adjustments besides the width adjustment.
Since then, I replaced mfp board (no change), logical hdd format (no change), performed an All Clear (no change).
On a whim, I ran all the doc feeder adjustments that use the A4 sheet that comes with the feeder.
That took care of it.

srvctec
12-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Hey,
I'm dealing with this on a C368. I tried doing the ADF setup with the A4 paper, but it's still having the issue with rotating the faxes. I'm double checking the settings against another machine in the same building, but I'm wondering if I need to replace the DFCB and then redo the ADF settings to duplicate your success... It's weird that it'll happen all of a sudden, apparently with users not doing anything different or changing anything. (Checking settings just to cover bases.)

Sounds like you need to run the ADF guide width adjustment which can be found in the SM.

Synthohol
12-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Try the workaround at the bottom..
This info is for the 4 Series

Error
Faxes rotate the TX image by 90 degrees when scanned. Constant or intermittent.
Root Cause
Failed sizing sensors in the ADF tray.
Workaround/Fix
Replace the sizing sensors:
For the DF-701:
PS9 (A108M50000 Photoreflector)
PS8 (A108M50100 Photointerrupter)
VR1 ( A143PP6X00 PW Board Assy)

For the DF-624
PS7 (A108M50000 Photoreflector)
PS6 (A108M50100 Photointerrupter)
VR1 (A143PP6X00 PW Board Assy)

A temporary workaround would be to set the scan to 8 ½ X 11 default by selecting it on the ADF, the going to utility--> user settings --> Scan/Fax --> current setting

tsbservice
12-04-2019, 05:34 PM
In case of DF-704 check and clean dirty PS6 reflector.

rrrohan
12-04-2019, 11:32 PM
In case of DF-704 check and clean dirty PS6 reflector.

Ive had this

Because scans worked ok and it was only faxing that had the issue I just intial the fax setting and that solved it

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/136044-c308-always-scans-faxes-landscape-not-portrait.html?136044=#post724650

Custom Search