PDA

View Full Version : KM EP1085 corona

Custom Search

Lord_Azrael
06-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Hi,
I've got a friends old KM EP1085 machine where the corona wire has gone resulting in blank images. The problem I have is replacing it as I cant seem to find the parts anywhere for this old machine. Has anyone any ideas where I can get the wires from at a reasonable price (its a bloody old machine, so not wanting to pay out much as it isn't worth it) or is there any other type of wire suitable to replace it with?
Many thanks.
Derek

Dickie
06-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Any gold plated wire will do. You can buy it on rolls and just make up a wire to fit yourself.
A bit fiddly but it gets easier with practice

Lord_Azrael
06-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Thanks for that, most appreciated. Is there a specific gauge of wire to use? The corona is obviously around a hairs width, but I don't know the specific gauge or would any 'thin' wire do it?

Cheers
Derek

KingofMorton
06-16-2015, 01:19 AM
Any thin corona wire should at least form an image. I have used gold, palladium, and an oxidized wire. I doubt that copper would work or else they would use it.

fixthecopier
06-16-2015, 01:57 AM
If I can remember to check, we may have those in stock. Don't have any in the field, so would be happy to sell, if we have them.

SkipL
06-17-2015, 11:25 PM
I believe you mean a Minolta (Not Konica-Minolta) EP 1085 Analog machine. If so, believe it or not I still have three of these units in the field and still have some parts. I believe the corona wire size is 60 micron and is a stainless variety but I am not 100% certain. I still have a few cards of Katun brand pre-strung corona wires with spring and hook ends for this machine. If you are interested I would sell it at my Katun close-out cost of $14.00 plus shipping. If still interested email me at HKL2@aol.com.

SkipL
06-17-2015, 11:28 PM
PS -
Both the transfer and A/C separation wires are the same. Check the corona end blocks as quite often the blocks short resulting in no image.

Lord_Azrael
06-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Many thanks, email sent :)

Custom Search