PDA

View Full Version : C5102 error code help

Custom Search

bgolpmp
06-15-2015, 05:37 AM
I just purchased a C353 Bizhub and it is giving me the error code of c5102. I have read and everyone is saying replace M1. I would like to have a look at M1 and make sure that it is bad. But I have no clue where it is located. I searched the web and downloaded the service manual and cant figure out where it is located. The pictures are not very cl;ear as to where the exact location on the machine is and what side I need to take apart. I did take the back off and both sided and see boards in there but no motors. I hate to guess and tear the whole thing apart and break something else (I am good at that!!) . So if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!!

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!

Andy

meldwo
06-15-2015, 08:17 AM
before remove the Transport motor (M1) You must remove the PWB box.

minimerlin
06-15-2015, 08:21 AM
There is no need for you to look at the motor M1 as there are no visible indications that it is bad! That code always is a failed M1.

I suggest you download the parts manual as that will show where it is. This motor is hidden behind the main board and bits of tin, on the left side after you remove the back panel. The service manual should give you the information as to how you remove it........be careful to note where all the connections and plates come from when you take them out also do not damage the ribbon cables. A 40min job when you know how to do it..a 2 hr one if you don't!

JasonSBE
06-17-2015, 07:03 AM
Was this machine shipped via freight carrier to you? Or perhaps mishandled by a local delivery company? Facing the rear of the machine, check the left hand side. Look for any indications that the machine was pressed on that side. You may also remove the plastic panels and check the metal framework of the MFP/PRCB Box. I am only bringing this up because I had a C220 that was coded out similarly recently, and a co-worker of mine discovered the metal box was pressing the motor, which was preventing it from turning properly. I think in our case it was the black drive motor, not the transport, but it's still worth checking out. I don't know how far you want to go with it, but at least check for obvious signs of stress.

Custom Search