PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhuv Pro C-5501

Custom Search

krakcy
06-15-2015, 06:57 AM
Hello,

Bizhub Pro C-5501

The Lead edge registration is unstable + J-3102 on A4 Portrait. Printing on A4R Prints come out without 1st page lead edge registration ~ 50mm delay and the rest pages ~20mm delay but unstable +-2mm.

I have done the followings:

Reset timing adjustment..

Replaced Registration Motor.

Replaced the registration sensor and pre-registration sensor.

Removed and inspected the paper registration section.

Replaced the ADU PCB Board.

Note: The machine has 170k prints on it.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

empiru
06-15-2015, 01:52 PM
I assume you are printing on some thick paper, from Bypass Tray? Does it do the same if you print on another type of paper? (plain, for e.g.). Does it do the same if you print the same stock from other trays? (you can print on 250 gsm from the 1st tray).

krakcy
06-15-2015, 02:45 PM
I assume you are printing on some thick paper, from Bypass Tray? Does it do the same if you print on another type of paper? (plain, for e.g.). Does it do the same if you print the same stock from other trays? (you can print on 250 gsm from the 1st tray).

Hi empiru,

Thanks for the reply.

If i print on thick paper the machine is working better but not always. Sometimes it gives J-3101 or it will output the page.

Something i note is that on normal paper the lead registration is very wrong on the 1st page and is getting better on the rest of the pages but it is unstable.
However on thick paper if it print and don't give a J-3101 or J-3102 the lead registration is good.

Let me note that this problem is occurring from all trays and Bypass

empiru
06-16-2015, 05:50 AM
Hi empiru,

Thanks for the reply.

If i print on thick paper the machine is working better but not always. Sometimes it gives J-3101 or it will output the page.

Something i note is that on normal paper the lead registration is very wrong on the 1st page and is getting better on the rest of the pages but it is unstable.
However on thick paper if it print and don't give a J-3101 or J-3102 the lead registration is good.

Let me note that this problem is occurring from all trays and Bypass

Ok.. So I am thinking about something that has to do with the registration section. You said you already changed two sensors, the registration motor and the ADUDB. There is a torque limiter on the registration roller assy that could cause you these problems, OR:

Did you noticed any faults on the image? For e.g. If you print some full color pages, on thick and thin paper, do they print out ok? Or do you find any streaks, any signs that the paper isn't running smoothly through the machine?

I am asking this, because you could have other problems, perhaps with the Transfer Belt Unit. Perhaps everything with the ADU section is ok, but the image isn't created in time. Can you conduct the Belt Line Speed and Color Registration Adjustment without receiving any errors?

It seems a little bit strange that this almost "new" machine (new, by counter, not by the years past since it's production) is causing you these problems. Did you "raise" the machine since it was "born"? :) otherwise, who knows what history it has with it...

Custom Search