PDA

View Full Version : BH-423 (mono) with FS-527 + SD-509, two questions please....

Custom Search

Hansoon
06-16-2015, 11:06 AM
BH-423 (mono) with FS-527 + SD-509 I have following questions:

A)
Customer is making booklets. An A3 is being folded by the Saddle Unit SD-509 to make a one sheet booklet with 2x2 A4-text on each side. The problem is that the lever of stacking tray of the SD-509 lays so heavy on the first 10 or so finished booklets that the following ones are not being stacked properly anymore on the previous booklets and causing a jam.
This will usually not happen of course with booklets containing several pages cause they are more "stiff" and pushed more easily on the stack under the roller in the exit lever.
However the customer is making zillions of prints with just this single sheet booklets almost nothing else.
Do you guys know about this problem and have a solution other than modifying the angle of the exit tray and perhaps removing that lever thingy?

B)
Occasionally the same customer is making above mentioned booklets with one extra A4 sheet inserted (so one A3 sheet folded as booklet with an A4 sheet inserted in the middle). I can't for the life of me find a setting in the PCL and/or PS driver to achieve this. Any ideas please?

Hans

allan
06-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Think you would have to modify the lever to get less tension. I don't think its possible to add an A4 page in there.
I scanned the KB and there is nothing about this there.

copier tech
06-16-2015, 09:10 PM
How about using heavier paper, say 100gsm?

blackcat4866
06-17-2015, 01:40 AM
The only way it's going to mix media is if one page is a cover, and they both must be the same size. It's just the way the software is written.

Take care how heavy you get with the media. The saddle sticher will disallow if the media is too heavy. =^..^=

Custom Search