PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353/253 series

Custom Search

Gabriel
06-16-2015, 07:41 PM
I need update the firmware on this machines but don't have access to KM resources,
willing to exchange service manuals or pay for it.

gabe.copier@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

JasonSBE
06-17-2015, 06:49 AM
Can't help you with resources, but be aware that updating the firmware on that series is a pain. You have to have a CF card that is just the right size and speed. Also sometimes it's a pain in the butt to get it formatted correctly. We have about 20 CF cards in our office and no more than one of them work at any given time. Not always the same one, either.

emujo
06-17-2015, 06:10 PM
This is a pretty old MFP, post the current firmware and maybe we can save you some time and money if you are already at the last release. Also, the latest drivers from KM are free to download from the KM public site. Unless your MFP is at a very old version, the latest drivers should work. Config page should show the "function version", post this info along with the firmware levels. Emujo

Gabriel
06-18-2015, 12:53 AM
Thank you guys

I agree with you it is very old MFP and load the firmware sometimes painful, have no choice 'cause when
turn the machine on only the hourly glass comes up, nothing else.
I did trouble reset, formatted logical and physical the Hard drive.
I want flash it before start replacing NVRAM or Main Board.

Any help is welcome

PS: I'm willing to exchange or pay for it.

elpadre
06-22-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm with the same trouble on Magicolor 8650 (Same engine of Bizhub C353 but without scanner).
Mine is stuck on the hourglass, but i have already updated the firmware without sucess.
Before this happens the machine was giving me various error codes (i had disasembled it till the main drive assy) i've exchanged the PWB-BOX to another machine and it have started normaly and printed, but after went back with the PWB-BOX to the machine it got STUCK on the hourglass, i am suspecting that i forgot to NOT USE the SV ERB board from one machine into another, so i'm thinking on buy a new SV ERB (EPROM).

One detail, at the actual state when i power on the printer, it only start rotate the fusing and warm up, it do the transfer belt retraction normaly too, but it doesn't start the calibration, but when i remove the NVRAM it does the image calibration and give the TROUBLE REST SCREEN, when put back the NVRAM it stucks on the hourglass.

Just forget to mention, i've done the update with a 256MB CF Card from CACTUS (CF USED ON ROUTERS AND SWITCHES)

Custom Search