PDA

View Full Version : horizontal skew on c452

Custom Search

comicscollective
06-22-2015, 12:32 AM
We've had an ongoing problem with horizontal line skew. The verticals are all straight and perfect, but as the paper feeds, the horizontal stretches slightly over the course of the paper like this //////. At the end of an 11' x 17" test, the bottom left is 1 to 2 mm longer than the bottom right.

There were some other problems that we already addressed, including replacing the fuser, transfer unit, and even the print head assembly. But I just can't figure out what's still causing this slight skew. And on the c452, I don't know of any adjustment that can be made to correct this.

Does anyone have some wisdom you could share with me?

Thank you for your consideration.

blackcat4866
06-22-2015, 01:06 AM
Check the paper dust collector at the registration roller I can't remember what the symptom was, but the dust collector was packed solid. =^..^=

comicscollective
06-22-2015, 04:39 AM
Thank you for the suggestion. The dust collector was indeed packed and needed a serious cleaning. However, I'm afraid it did not correct the problem at hand. I also wiped down the 1st and 2nd transfer rollers with alcohol while I was at it.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

EarthKmTech
06-22-2015, 11:25 AM
is the paper also creasing or is it perfect and it is just the image is just distorted ?

Make sure both of the little black plastic striker plates are in place under the fusing unit that the door hooks onto otherwise the door does not close evenly. The jam access door under the bypass tray is notorious for a broken hook causing paper skew too.

comicscollective
06-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Forgive me, but let me back up one second and mention that originally the entire image was being shrunk on the with one side 1 to 2 mm more than the other. I was able to stretch the image out and set one side at the proper length by using Machine] → [Printer Area] → [Paper Feed Direction Adj. However, thinking about it now, I might have just been covering up a symptom more than fixing a problem by doing so.

So the problem is something that would cause the lines to gradually skew just on the right side OR something that would shrink all the horizontal lines but one side more so than the other.

But to answer your question, yes sir, the paper is fine. The problem is limited to the image itself. Additionally, I looked and all the clips are in good condition and the doors close securely.

fishleg
06-25-2015, 01:07 AM
Noticed this on ALOT of c451/c452 even c350/c450 that have done 400k plus. No one has ever really put it down to something specific at our place but changing the whole registration fixed one for me.

allan
06-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Put pressure on the door to see if that changes anything.

darry1322
06-25-2015, 12:31 PM
I had some color registration issues with a C452 that went away after replacing the belt sensors and the PH driver board.

Custom Search