PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C252 - Scan to SMB - Vista

Custom Search

Taminol
05-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi Guys,
I have a client who has a C252, the machine is working fine, it scans perfectly to SMB on XP, but the client is having issues using Vista. The reported error that apears on the C252 screen is Forward TX error.
I believe all the 'shares' have been set up properly in Vista.
Any ideas ?

Thanks

Taminol

Tonerbomb
05-22-2008, 11:57 PM
here's a brief doc on vista smb scanning... maybe it'll help, It works with the ricoh's.:cool:

konisolver
05-23-2008, 04:16 AM
What i do for SMB's is if they don't mind i create a new user and call it scan password Bizhub!1 This way i never worry for user name and password. Just make sure to select password never expires. This works from corporate to your mom and pop shops where there is no support.

Taminol
05-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Good little guide to scanning, very similar to the Konica Minolta one. I'll email the .PDF to the client.
Thanks for the new user name, I believe that's already been tried though
Cheers guys

Taminol

ni311
05-24-2008, 07:54 AM
The SMB type scan in Vista is not working properly unless the shared folder is password protected.

rsantiago82
03-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Just wondering if anybody has tried allowing blank passwords in vista:

To allow network users to use blank passwords:

Click Start and click Control Panel.
Click System and Maintenance, Administrative Tools and then the Local Security Policy.
Within the console, expand Local Policies.
Click Security Options. The various security options are displayed in the details pane.
Double click Accounts: Limit Local Account Use of Blank Passwords to Console Logon Only.
Select the Disabled option.
Click OK.

This may save some steps (an extra user accounts) in the long run.

Custom Search