PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Konicaminolta c552 message: only & black and white printing is possible

Custom Search

mlfbfeng
06-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Print test page is OK.
But: There is black lines on the copy....
Any help!!!
TKS.

emujo
06-22-2015, 01:16 PM
C552 has been around for some time...I assume this just started...what did you do or what were you trying to fix when this started? Looks like you have 2 issues, one, you've locked out color printing, and two, you have the lines of shame. I would start with a clear all data, and set the MFP back up from scratch following the install guide. Emujo

tulintron
06-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Print test page is OK.
But: There is black lines on the copy....
Any help!!!
TKS.

likely CE prohibited color mode authentication. in this case, disable CE authentication.

emujo
06-22-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm open to learning new stuff...explain how the CE password enabled/disabled would lock out color...The screen shows "color printing not possible" , but "auto color" is available on the LCD screen. This would indicate a problem somewhere with the color process, not an authentication issue. It's possible he has a color IU past it's life span, or the MFPs has self locked out a color component due to an error, but with the addition of the lines of shame, I'm thinking someone has done a reset or something along those lines. Emujo

Max
06-22-2015, 03:44 PM
Had the same after corrupt nvram and could not be calibrated for love or money. In the end had to reset the whole thing to factory default, new nvram and repair code for license management. Only then it worked.

srslyartyg
06-22-2015, 06:07 PM
C552 has been around for some time...I assume this just started...what did you do or what were you trying to fix when this started? Looks like you have 2 issues, one, you've locked out color printing, and two, you have the lines of shame. I would start with a clear all data, and set the MFP back up from scratch following the install guide. Emujo

This sounds like the way I would go.

allan
06-22-2015, 06:16 PM
Hehe... lines of shame. RTFMMF

Max
06-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Also if the customer replaced a toner its possible the id chip was corrupt and that's why you got this message. Lines of shame could be related but should be fixed by colour calibration.

Custom Search