PDA

View Full Version : BH-423 (mono), sub hopper binding.

Custom Search

Hansoon
06-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Having BH-423 (mono) with the sub hopper binding for no obvious reason. Motor is growling and not able to turn gears. Cleaned out the toner and is working now. Are there any known issues?

Hans

allan
06-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Yes its a piece of crap. Its not mounted securely enough on the frame and wobbles along.
If that happens and the bottle slips i cut away a sharp angle on those white 90 deg hooks, that gets the bottle running.It makes a nice clunking sound. Then the plastic gear stud would break of some time in the future, you can glue it back together. Or just replace it.

I have even bent the hopper slider rail to try and move the center of the bottle.

allan
06-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Sorry you said sub hopper.
My bad:rolleyes:.

No problems on sub hopper those seem to work ok.
Its easy enough to strip out and clean. I have done that about 30 times thanks to katun.

How many clicks on the machine?

Hansoon
06-23-2015, 05:24 AM
How many clicks on the machine?

400K Allan.

I have done that about 30 times thanks to katun.

"You are the first one" :cool: of course but what issues you had with their toner?

Hans

allan
06-23-2015, 06:02 AM
The toner did not fuse properly and was abrasive on the mag roller. I had to vacuum out the bad toner to fix the image quality.

Hansoon
06-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Problem came back, so now I completely took out the sub hopper assy. Found out that toner was hardened behind the felt seal and around the shaft of the agitator. The shaft was binding because of that. Also there was a significant build up of toner in the small metal gear of the little stepper motor. After cleaning everything was running fine for over 5K when I left the customer.

Hans

brent
06-29-2015, 09:03 PM
this happens.. then you buy a new sub hopper it is a pretty easy fix.. and this is why I don't use any non oem toner
I had one with 200k not one problem.. I tried to use some generic. it locked that sucker up. replaced and
problem gone.. I do not use generic toner anymore.. call me weird.. but no thanks.. pretty easy fix.
brent

Custom Search