PDA

View Full Version : Minolta C6501 - IC-305 controller system software

Custom Search

copy_kid
06-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Hi
I am having problems for the first time in loading / writing the system software on a IC305 controller. This is what I have done untill now and can't figure out what else is there to be done:
- step 1, tried loading version 1.1 from original DVD, at startup it sais LILO 21.7 loading linux, then it prompts me to remove media as it is uncompatible... Strange result, the screen is black backgrounded, so I remove media and go to step 2
- step 2, put in the DVD with version 3.0, starts up fine at boot (LILO 22.2), asks me if it is ok to delete all files, I press YES, it asks me for the language, I select it, goes on well through spet 1/4, asks me to remove media and reboot, I do it, then when sistsem starts I get the messege "NTLDR Missing. Press any key to restart"
- step 3, replaced the HDD with a 160GB Sata, same problem.

Is there a newer version of software which once installed on this kind of controller won't let you install older versions. Like a firware for the PC or something like that? My only guess is this. When system starts normally, before it shows the message for NTLDR missing, it sais LILO 22.6. When booting from v3.0 DVD it sais LILO 22.0, does this have anything to do with it?

If there is a newer software version for IC305, where can I get it from?

Thanks!

jotunn
06-23-2015, 05:38 PM
There were two different versions of this controller - one with Core2Duo 2.13GHz and the 2nd one with C2D 3.00GHz. The faster one needs system software v3.0, and probably isn't compatible with older software.
You can check processor speed during POST process with connected monitor.

copy_kid
06-23-2015, 09:46 PM
There were two different versions of this controller - one with Core2Duo 2.13GHz and the 2nd one with C2D 3.00GHz. The faster one needs system software v3.0, and probably isn't compatible with older software.
You can check processor speed during POST process with connected monitor.

Ok! Thanks! But I allready tried loading both versions... As said, I was trying to load v3.0, it worked through the fisrt step (it was the only working bootable DVD I tried) then it prompts me to get the dvd out and press ok to reboot. Once it reboots, instead of continuing with steps 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4, just sais "NTLDR is missing. Press any key to reboot"... So what is the explanation.
Yes, system's got the 3Ghz processor...
i've rewritted tens of fieries, both IC305, IC303 and even Creo IC304plus, but never had this problem... I'm really out of ideas...

xerotec
06-23-2015, 10:21 PM
You probably have bad sectors on HDD. Check disk for bad sectors and if find any,replace HDD.

jotunn
06-23-2015, 10:34 PM
It's a normal XP, so you can try this: Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy, CD-R, or USB flash - free (http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm)

Custom Search