PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C652

Custom Search

twinturbonet
06-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Morning!

I'm trying to figure out how to scan multiple documents to a specific networked user's folder without having to select the user every time over and over.

Currently, if a user has to scan 50 separate documents, they have to select its destination folder every single time before they hit the start button. Is there a way to just set one destination folder for that current job? edit: and to add to the craziness, the amount of papers scanned per job is random so I cannot set a preference to separate each job by 'x' amount of papers.

Thank you for reading!

copier addict
06-24-2015, 05:09 PM
How would the machine know when to send each stack of documents if the same network folder was constantly selected. If this was possible the user would still have to touch a button to send each stack.
Are they complaining because they have to select the one touch after each stack?

twinturbonet
06-24-2015, 05:15 PM
How would the machine know when to send each stack of documents if the same network folder was constantly selected. If this was possible the user would still have to touch a button to send each stack.
Are they complaining because they have to select the one touch after each stack?

Yea, I understand the machine wouldn't know. The issue isn't the user having to hit the start button after each paper is loaded for scanning, the issue is them having to do what I just said AND reselecting who it needs to go to. After each scan is complete, it automatically unselects the user/network folder and the user scanning has to reselect the destination again.

They basically want to select the destination folder and have the machine leave it selected until they are done.

copier addict
06-24-2015, 05:25 PM
If they are all going to one file they could use "seperate scan" That would keep the same user selected

twinturbonet
06-24-2015, 05:35 PM
If they are all going to one file they could use "seperate scan" That would keep the same user selected

Thanks, but unfortunately they aren't. The file/PDF's will be separate, the only thing that doesn't change is the destination folder as to where the PDF's will be saved.

Just an example: If they have 20 documents, their will be 20 individual scans -> then 20 individual PDF's -> going into one user scan folder (John Doe) and each scan might be a random number of documents. One could have 2 pages, the other could have 5, etc.

darry1322
06-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Pretty much every network scanning device I'm familiar with follows this same action. Most devices allow for multiple destinations each scan. If the last destination remained selected after scanning you would have to deselect before scanning your next doc to a different location or run the risk of unintentionally scanning a file to the correct AND the wrong destination. Pretty serious risk in medical and financial institutions if you failed to reset after each scan.

allan
06-24-2015, 06:32 PM
You can get software that reads separation pages to split the stuff you are scanning into the right sized chunks.
That is what the archiving companies are doing. They just file the page with the document so its good for business.

twinturbonet
06-24-2015, 07:20 PM
Pretty much every network scanning device I'm familiar with follows this same action. Most devices allow for multiple destinations each scan. If the last destination remained selected after scanning you would have to deselect before scanning your next doc to a different location or run the risk of unintentionally scanning a file to the correct AND the wrong destination. Pretty serious risk in medical and financial institutions if you failed to reset after each scan.

I believe our last scanner used to do that. I can see the risk in that field for sure!

twinturbonet
06-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Oh well, thanks for the help guys. I was hoping it was just a setting I missed that I could activate within the scanner itself. I called the company that issued the C652 to us and they will send someone out for our request, it's part of our contract so it is free of charge.

mo0651
06-25-2015, 06:50 PM
And tomorrow the same USER will ask you to strap the velcro on their shoes!! How hard is it to touch a button?? If they use the machine all the time for scanning get the one-touch to the main screen. One-touch buttons and setting features of the scanner is totally on User and Admin side. Not covered under any contract we have.

twinturbonet
06-25-2015, 07:20 PM
And tomorrow the same USER will ask you to strap the velcro on their shoes!! How hard is it to touch a button?? If they use the machine all the time for scanning get the one-touch to the main screen. One-touch buttons and setting features of the scanner is totally on User and Admin side. Not covered under any contract we have.

Yea, I'll see if we can get the one-touch feature set up. I do not have access to the ADMIN features.

Custom Search