PDA

View Full Version : Shadowing c5500 problem with examples.

Custom Search

MVPunisher
06-24-2015, 09:33 PM
So I have little production experience overall but I have worked on these machines enough to feel confident.

I have this c5500 that is shadowing/smudging black a little bit per page. It is very consistent in location when it comes to "feed direction". Cross direction however it does move. Parts replaced/swapped. Drum, belt, fuser, charge unit. Developer unit will be next but it seems more of a timing thing to me as it is in the same spot of feed direction. I have played with some timing adjustments with no luck. Take a look and see if any body has any suggestions. Thanks.

MVPunisher
06-24-2015, 09:43 PM

MVPunisher
06-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Excuse my pen marks all over. Was trying to show the fact they were in the same line down the page (not in feed direction)...

elpadre
06-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Hello there;

have you stopped the prints before goes to the fuser unit and see if the smudge appears?
These smudges comes with which repetittion size? so with the size of the repetittion we can figure out wich part of the machine is making the smudge.

for example, if you print on a (310x457mm) does it shows the smudge more than a time on the print?

it only makes the smudge on Black or if you have the prints on color (colored text) it smudges too?

tell us your results.

MVPunisher
06-25-2015, 01:53 PM
I did not do a halfway test, I swapped out the entire fuser with a machine I have in office to rule fuser out. I can try printing on a longer sheet, it does not appear to be any sort of repeating mark. Same spot in feed direction every time. Cross direction can move a little bit up and down...

I'll let you know. Thanks.

elpadre
06-25-2015, 03:53 PM
I did not do a halfway test, I swapped out the entire fuser with a machine I have in office to rule fuser out. I can try printing on a longer sheet, it does not appear to be any sort of repeating mark. Same spot in feed direction every time. Cross direction can move a little bit up and down...

I'll let you know. Thanks.

Try a longer paper, so we can see if there is no repeating; and of you can, try to stop the print before it goes in the fuser unit also.

Custom Search