PDA

View Full Version : Jamming J2101 on biz951

Custom Search

JSC
06-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi All.

We only have one of these out in the field, so have limited experance.

I am getting J2101 jams mainly on A3, which is where the paper is wrapping round the drum. We have cleaned the pick off finger assy, and replaced the cleaning carona as per the bulletin. the Transfer belt assy is spotless, and there is no arking on any of the HV cables. We have tryed diffrent paper, but as it happen on singled sidded I cant see that paper as a problem anyway.

Machine has done 900K, Pm and firmware are all up to-date.
All suggestion welcome..

allan
06-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Minolta machine especially the B601 does not like A3 short edge grain. I change the paper to long edge grain that is much stiffer in the feed direction and problem is gone. Make sure the cut edge of the paper is not rough i had J2101 on to machines (B1250's) next to each other that was caused by pre printed paper with bad edges you cant see if you don't take a good look. I asked the customer to change the supplier and millions of prints later i never got a call for those jams.

Run the I/O mode to see if the pawls are lifting at all. There is a spring that can get lost close to the solenoid that lifts the pawls. But with good 80gsm paper the pawls does not realty do any thing.

scottybbb
06-26-2015, 12:38 AM
Try moving the solenoid for the drum separator fingers so they ride closer to drum.I had this problem recently.Replaced drum finger's,transfer belt and transfer belt cleaning roller's to resolve.

blackcat4866
06-26-2015, 12:40 AM
Also, check that the stub shafts that support the drum claws are parallel with the cleaning unit horizontally and vertically. The longer stub shaft at the rear can get bent down leaving a gap between the drum claw(s) and the drum. Also check that the tip of the drum claws may get bent down, snagging the paper. There is also a soft switch setting to make the drum claw solenoid stay engaged through the entire print job, rather than changing state for the leading edge of every page. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
06-26-2015, 02:05 AM
I believe knowledge base recommends some paper settings, humidity settings and firmware for this jam code.

JSC
06-26-2015, 05:21 PM
I believe knowledge base recommends some paper settings, humidity settings and firmware for this jam code.

Yes I have been through the UK site, and completed all recomendations.

Also, check that the stub shafts that support the drum claws are parallel with the cleaning unit horizontally and vertically. The longer stub shaft at the rear can get bent down leaving a gap between the drum claw(s) and the drum. Also check that the tip of the drum claws may get bent down, snagging the paper. There is also a soft switch setting to make the drum claw solenoid stay engaged through the entire print job, rather than changing state for the leading edge of every page. =^..^=

Have striped/cleaned the drum claw assy. have also replaced the drum claws, press springs, and solenoid. Intrestingly I can't find the soft switch for keeping the claws engaged for the entire job.

Try moving the solenoid for the drum separator fingers so they ride closer to drum.I had this problem recently.Replaced drum finger's,transfer belt and transfer belt cleaning roller's to resolve.

Solenoid/sep claws & springs have been replaced. The belt is not that old, but might change that next along with the rollers inside.

Minolta machine especially the B601 does not like A3 short edge grain. I change the paper to long edge grain that is much stiffer in the feed direction and problem is gone. Make sure the cut edge of the paper is not rough i had J2101 on to machines (B1250's) next to each other that was caused by pre printed paper with bad edges you cant see if you don't take a good look. I asked the customer to change the supplier and millions of prints later i never got a call for those jams.

Run the I/O mode to see if the pawls are lifting at all. There is a spring that can get lost close to the solenoid that lifts the pawls. But with good 80gsm paper the pawls does not realty do any thing.

Claws working all ok.... I agree the the sep claws should not realy come into play, im thinking its more of a sep problem, which reading the manual is done via the transfer assy.

allan
06-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Yes I have been through the UK site, and completed all recomendations.

Have striped/cleaned the drum claw assy. have also replaced the drum claws, press springs, and solenoid. Intrestingly I can't find the soft switch for keeping the claws engaged for the entire job.

Solenoid/sep claws & springs have been replaced. The belt is not that old, but might change that next along with the rollers inside.

Claws working all ok.... I agree the the sep claws should not realy come into play, im thinking its more of a sep problem, which reading the manual is done via the transfer assy.

Fix the pawls into place by disabling the solenoid(unplug it) and put a spacer in there to get them set right. Do this just to eliminate the pawls as a problem. The discharge corona is mostly for cleaning purposes and works after transfer when the paper is already past, after cleaning there is an erase lamp. Look at those studs BC is referring to they are very long and could bend. Get on your back under neath the cradle to get a good look at the possible gaps.

I have even seen guys putting tape on the plates that push the pawls up to get it to run tighter on the drum but that only lets the pawls eat into the drum surface.

Have you tried turning the paper upside down in the tray?

blackcat4866
06-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Have you tried turning the paper upside down in the tray?

Depending your your media, paper curl settings at each tray can help a lot. The hard part is getting the enduser to consistently load the paper, preferably seam up on the packaging. =^..^=

allan
06-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Paper comes of big rolls and the closer you get to the bobbin the smaller the diameter and the grater the arc in the cut paper. I have heard that some paper mills would grade paper in that manner.

Energy from paper?
http://www.seas.harvard.edu/softmat/downloads/2011-05.pdf

JSC
06-30-2015, 04:43 PM
As it turns out its looking increasingly like the paper is an issue. Even though it works happily on their 920......

Thanks to all who helped me see the light....

MVPunisher
08-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Same issue, leaning towards paper. Been through quite a few steps. Did yours end up being paper.?

JSC
08-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Same issue, leaning towards paper. Been through quite a few steps. Did yours end up being paper.?

Yea turned out to be paper....

Custom Search