PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub color difference correction ?

Custom Search

rizwan143
06-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Hey,
I have a Bizhub c252 . When i copy documents on it of customers, the copy seems little dark in color of some shades like blue & green. (Its not the density problem.. i checked with light density too) but color shade remains same. I am attaching image to describe my question
( Experts please help me after viewing image & checking the difference in copy that what color should i change & where are those settings located in my machine? )

allan
06-26-2015, 10:27 AM
You have to Check in service mode if the colour densities are not adjusted.
Then run gradation (it calibrates the colours to be at the correct reproduction density in steps from 0 to 255).

Also make sure the optics on the machine is clean before you do gradation.

hotfuser
06-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Hey,
I have a Bizhub c252 . When i copy documents on it of customers, the copy seems little dark in color of some shades like blue & green. (Its not the density problem.. i checked with light density too) but color shade remains same. I am attaching image to describe my question
( Experts please help me after viewing image & checking the difference in copy that what color should i change & where are those settings located in my machine? )

You may find that this maybe the closest it will get as it is CMYK and it will only get as close as it can too the origiginal plus Greens,blues and reds are the hardest colours to reproduce on a non Fiery machine.

rizwan143
06-27-2015, 12:54 AM
You have to Check in service mode if the colour densities are not adjusted.
Then run gradation (it calibrates the colours to be at the correct reproduction density in steps from 0 to 255).

Also make sure the optics on the machine is clean before you do gradation.

You may find that this maybe the closest it will get as it is CMYK and it will only get as close as it can too the origiginal plus Greens,blues and reds are the hardest colours to reproduce on a non Fiery machine.

Should i go & change settings in service mode as i am not much expert of this machine & just purchased this machine 2 weeks ago for my photocopier shop.
@allan : Is hotfuser saying correct that i cannot achieve more accurate color then this ?

Actually my shop gets mostly "Passport" & "medical certifcate papers" showing FIT logo as attached in above picture.
Passport colors are 99.99% same & everyone likes that even it is of mostly green color too
but this stamp is creating some difference in result.

allan
06-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Hotfuser is referring to the producible gamut you can get for CMYK. You can get more different colors from RGB.
Yes some colors you would struggle to match. I would suggest getting a trained tech to check the machine for you.

Having these machine without some form of maintance contract is risky is you are using it in a print shop.

Search the forum to get the service mode procedure.
I think there is a way to do gradation from the user menus but i have never done that.

Remeber your eyes can see smaller color differences in green than any other color.

rizwan143
06-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Hotfuser is referring to the producible gamut you can get for CMYK. You can get more different colors from RGB.
Yes some colors you would struggle to match. I would suggest getting a trained tech to check the machine for you.

Having these machine without some form of maintance contract is risky is you are using it in a print shop.

Search the forum to get the service mode procedure.
I think there is a way to do gradation from the user menus but i have never done that.

Remeber your eyes can see smaller color differences in green than any other color.

Thanks bro for replying.
I am using photocopiers from almost 8 years but the color machine is my 1st one. i know its service mode is from Stop 0 0 Stop 0 1. So i should have a try on it.
Brother, where can i change from CMYK to RGB ? As in adobe photoshop i always use RGB tones so please tell me how can i change the settings of machine to RGB so it will match colors printed from laptop to machine.

allan
06-27-2015, 03:37 PM
The settings you can change from photo shop is called color profiles. The machine is only CMYK. Use RGBs from your computer.

If you are in service mode goto image process adjustment -> gradation adjustment, run stabilizer first and then start from the top for copy and print, older machines is stuff like resolution and high compression mode. Follow the instructions on the panel.

allan
06-27-2015, 03:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgX-IjaIjUY

blackcat4866
06-28-2015, 12:45 AM
Did I miss something? I haven't read anything about doing a basic color calibration. That seems like a good place to start, first. =^..^=

allan
06-28-2015, 03:06 AM
Did I miss something? I haven't read anything about doing a basic color calibration. That seems like a good place to start, first. =^..^=

Trying to get him to run gradation.

allan
06-28-2015, 03:15 AM
See what you can find under administrator settings -> system settings -> expert adjustment.

rizwan143
06-29-2015, 06:50 AM
The settings you can change from photo shop is called color profiles. The machine is only CMYK. Use RGBs from your computer.

If you are in service mode goto image process adjustment -> gradation adjustment, run stabilizer first and then start from the top for copy and print, older machines is stuff like resolution and high compression mode. Follow the instructions on the panel.

My panel is this & need some more guidelines from you please.

https://vimeo.com/132061940

allan
06-29-2015, 07:35 AM
You can do initialize and stabilize. Then do the 3 buttons under gradation adjust. Load the machine with A3 paper and press the start button its going to print out a page that needs so be set on the scanner. Putt about 10 sheets of A3 paper on top of the original and scan. Repeats each of the 3 buttons 3 times.

rizwan143
07-01-2015, 05:51 AM
Thanks Alan

Custom Search