PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c654e 4 fax setup

Custom Search

chris.m21
06-26-2015, 04:23 PM
My first post so apologize if this is not in the correct spot

I am trying to set up 4 faxes on this c654e and the setup went just fine...now comes the testing of it. we only have one phone line in the shop here and I can only get line one to TX or receive a fax. Whenever I plug the line into port 2 I cannot fax and get the following error message,

T81

which is check the line connection. I cannot figure out if I can specify which fax line to use, and dont know why it doesnt go to the next line if the first one isnt working (or is busy as would be in the shop we are delivering this to). I can provide much more detailed information about these konica's but have no idea what of it is relevant so please ask if I left information out.

Chris

emujo
06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
4 fax lines would require 4 separate phone lines. The user can choose which outgoing line to use during the fax process. I don't think the MFP rolls over anything on its own, but you can designate which lines are outgoing in the fax defaults. I've only seen dual fax, but I'm assuming the 3rd and 4th just gives you more selections. Emujo

chris.m21
06-26-2015, 04:54 PM
when you used dual fax lines, how did u specify which fax line to use?

copier addict
06-26-2015, 05:07 PM
You need a dedicated line for each fax board. You need to flip the tiny switch on one of them to "line 2".

chris.m21
06-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Fax boards 2 through 4 have had their toggle switched to 2 as instructed in the MK-728 Manual. I just dont understand how I am suppose to test the other 3 boards on the machine if I cannot choose which to use to send a fax from. Is it impossible to test it without 4 dedicated lines?

copier addict
06-26-2015, 05:18 PM
What is the point of having four fax boards if there isn't going to be four fax lines?

chris.m21
06-26-2015, 05:27 PM
I am in the shop trying to test it before we deliver to the customer next week, and we only have one phone line up here.

copier addict
06-26-2015, 05:41 PM
I see.
I don't think you can properly test a four line setup with only one line.
Looks like it will be a "flying by the seat of your pants" install. I hate those ones. Lol

chris.m21
06-26-2015, 07:10 PM
I do too! that's the reason I decided to make my account and finnally post on here instead of just searching for solutions. I already told my boss that and looks like I will be on the team that goes out to install it, do I need to close the thread or anything since I've got my unfortunate (yet inevitable) answer?

emujo
06-26-2015, 07:35 PM

here you go...plug into line 2, select line 2...then line 3 and so on...Emujo

chris.m21
06-26-2015, 08:29 PM
hmmm. If that method works with just using one phone line then I am in trouble, Because when I did that I would get a T80 or T81 code on the machine. Im only 4 months into servicing these, should I test other cards in that slot before I try to install it in the field?

emujo
06-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Again, you should have all 4 fax cards enabled under options, ensure marketing area is set to the proper area. Initialize all the fax boards in service mode. For this to work the customer must have 4 separate analog phone lines running to the MFP, no "splitters". The MFP will pick up and receive on any line that dials in (remember they have to be different phone numbers). When you want to send a fax, you can scan it to memory and it will send when the default line (line 1) becomes available. Or you can send the fax on a different line by selecting the line in the fax applications. The MFP will not roll to line 2 (or 3 or 4) if line 1 is in use. I'm really surprised you even got the system to work, the only one we ever configured with more than 2 lines gave a constant fax error code when it was turned on. Had to disable lines 3 and 4 and our support line could never figure out why. We usually recommend a fax appliance when the customer starts asking about dual faxing. It's difficult to use properly. Right fax would eliminate the need for the four fax cards and the savings could go to the fax appliance cost. Much more reliable, better management, and it also frees up the cost of 4 analog lines. Just my opinion. Emujo

Harold D. Keels
05-29-2020, 03:32 AM
Would you mind to try this solution fax solution guide website googlefaxfree? I also faced same kind of issue. But with the help of googlefaxfree I recovered my issue I faced. You can try this googlefaxfree.com (https://googlefaxfree.com/windows-10-fax/) website in order to recover your issue. All the best!

Custom Search