PDA

View Full Version : C552 with SD508 problem.

Custom Search

minimerlin
06-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Evening all!

I have an intermittent problem with the SD508 within a FS526 attached to a C552. Spent many hours today trying to fix this. What happens is the customer is making A5 sized single sheet booklets double sided A4R and center folded with out staples.
Machine will chunter away working well for maybe 20-30 booklets then suddenly nothing exits.... but the A4R still feeds into the stacker of the SD508! It just dumps them neatly in!
The Folder Knife has not returned to home position, so the way is blocked for the following sheets. No Jam or Error codes show and unless the job is stopped the copier will just keep sending the duplexed sheets into the finisher. I have cleaned all sensors etc, reloaded Firmware (Latest)stripped out the knife drives and checked for binding, but now I am sure the machine is messing with me as there seems not to be a reason for what is happening.

Has any one had similar problems? Machine is just over 1 Million mainly K prints. Customer of course needs machine fully working now!

Many thanks.

MM.

Custom Search