PDA

View Full Version : B36 Jam codes?

Custom Search

allan
06-30-2015, 10:32 AM
Does anybody know how to get the jam description from the event list. it just gives numbers between like 1 and 8 and a very simple description.
I have a machine that seem to jam only in the mornings and registered as transfer jams.
So far i have changed the registration clutch the feed units and the registration sensor and actuator. O and the fusser.
The machine is on only 40K. I can't get the machine to jam when i am there but the event log shows jams between 6 and 8 am.

Brett GS
08-26-2019, 07:22 PM
Does anybody know how to get the jam description from the event list. it just gives numbers between like 1 and 8 and a very simple description.
I have a machine that seem to jam only in the mornings and registered as transfer jams.
So far i have changed the registration clutch the feed units and the registration sensor and actuator. O and the fusser.
The machine is on only 40K. I can't get the machine to jam when i am there but the event log shows jams between 6 and 8 am.

Old thread but anyone got an awnser for this?
Got a B36 jamming between jobs when doing duplex.
Single sided is fine.
Changed all clutches,complete side door,reg unit,exit unit,fuser,drum,dev and dev unit.
Machine jams and then gives msg to load A4, so take it its a j99-01 code.
Pulling my hair out.

blackcat4866
08-26-2019, 11:44 PM
The only thing I really remember about this machine is that the paper path from the upper tray has a dead spot that it's nearly impossible for endusers to remove paper jams. They pretty frequently called either with a jam they couldn't reach or having broken something in an attempt to get to said jam. On every 36/42 in my area I put letter paper in tray #2, and the lesser used paper in tray #1.

The machine software was an extremely dumbed down version of the 423 machine software, and a seriously cheap scanner. My customer bought a bunch of these independently (not through our dealership) then paid us to set them up. The first major issue was that they were convinced that all this machine really needed to feed ledger or A3 from the bypass was to flip the magic switch, then it could. Sadly there is no magic switch. The longest length that will pass from any tray is ~14 5/16" or less. That's it.

Several of these machine got placed in very dirty environments, making it that much worse. =^..^=

Custom Search