PDA

View Full Version : Total Counter Notification working - Scan to Email not working.

Custom Search

progoffice
06-30-2015, 10:44 PM
I am working on a Konica Minolta C353 that has been scanning to email consistently for years until today. It was using an old email address that was no longer in use, so I updated the credentials and smtp info to match the newer address.

I can successfully force send a total counter notification via email, but I get scan errors when I try to scan to email. I have never seen this symptom before. The most recent round of errors is "Login Error." Does this sound like a hard drive issue? Should I reset the network settings and start over?

There's another machine in the same office (C253) using the same scan to email address and it's working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wseyller
07-01-2015, 03:09 AM
what type of email server is it? gmail? in-house exchange? hosted email?

can you do a scan to email to the same email address that is used for total counter notification or does that email address only work with total counter notification report. I ask because some email accounts may not be allowed by the server. Some exchange configurations only allow email addresses within the domain.

progoffice
07-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I switched the sending email account to a gmail account from an office365 account and now everything is working fine. Gmail uses SSL and office365 uses TLS. Since I was getting login errors, it must have something to do with the machine's ability to correctly send the email via that specific security protocol (all of the sudden?). All I know is that a similar machine in the office is working fine using the office 365 setup. It could be a firmware issue, but since it's working and the customer is happy, I'm not going to test this one any further.

Custom Search