PDA

View Full Version : CQ BH C451 repeat image

Custom Search

aAandy
07-03-2015, 02:20 AM
Hello Everywon

this machine had after-market IU's fitted, the customer runs around 1500 page full colour print jobs - yellow & cyan keep leaving small image repeats at about 10cm intervals - I have fitted brand new DCB's but I keep getting the problem, though no such issue with magenta or black

samples to be uploaded later as I'm at the job now

any pointers? and I hope you don't go saying to fit new IUs - the drums are in great condition, new blades, developer & density look great & I cleaned the coronas & grids

thanks in advance

Andy

xix76
07-03-2015, 02:32 AM
Check the test prints from service mode and see if you can do a stop shot with image on the drum and transfer belt. This might give you more of an idea of what's happening.

XiX76

Hello Everywon

this machine had after-market IU's fitted, the customer runs around 1500 page full colour print jobs - yellow & cyan keep leaving small image repeats at about 10cm intervals - I have fitted brand new DCB's but I keep getting the problem, though no such issue with magenta or black

samples to be uploaded later as I'm at the job now

any pointers? and I hope you don't go saying to fit new IUs - the drums are in great condition, new blades, developer & density look great & I cleaned the coronas & grids

thanks in advance

Andy

darry1322
07-03-2015, 12:14 PM
yellow & cyan keep leaving small image repeats at about 10cm intervals -

Andy

Sounds about right for the diameter of the drum.

blackcat4866
07-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Sounds about right for the diameter of the drum.

Agreed. 96.4mm I think. =^..^=

aAandy
07-08-2015, 12:28 AM
been back there, dismantled & cleaned the ITB, ITB cleaner unit & ITB sensors,,, cleaned all the blank lamps & machine interior - still getting a repeat image at about 94mm on yellow & cyan

i can only imagine i have sick blank lamps, leaving the remnants of a latent image on the drum - anyone know how i can test the blank lamps?

also got a P-14 problem that won't go away & the skew is miles out, no matter what i do the skew remains about 2mm out - black is obviously correctly placed & all 3 colours are aligned to each other, but there is a huge skew between the colours and black (including adjusting skew manually under service mode/machine/skew) - this happened after i reset skew in an attempt to correct a small skew problem of 0.2mm, i ran stabilisation reset & stabilization 10 times, ran gradation 3 times each, absolutely no difference to skew

also the black IU is producing nice print density at the machine rear, very washed out density in the middle & below average density at the machine front

this machine is driving me insane - anyone got any further suggestions? my client is getting very impatient with me

techmayor92
07-08-2015, 08:56 AM
What type. Of tonner are you using check tonner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

techmayor92
07-08-2015, 08:58 AM
It maybe causes by bad tonner i have such problem before i change the tonner and it work perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

habik
07-08-2015, 10:19 AM
been back there, dismantled & cleaned the ITB, ITB cleaner unit & ITB sensors,,, cleaned all the blank lamps & machine interior - still getting a repeat image at about 94mm on yellow & cyan

i can only imagine i have sick blank lamps, leaving the remnants of a latent image on the drum - anyone know how i can test the blank lamps?

also got a P-14 problem that won't go away & the skew is miles out, no matter what i do the skew remains about 2mm out - black is obviously correctly placed & all 3 colours are aligned to each other, but there is a huge skew between the colours and black (including adjusting skew manually under service mode/machine/skew) - this happened after i reset skew in an attempt to correct a small skew problem of 0.2mm, i ran stabilisation reset & stabilization 10 times, ran gradation 3 times each, absolutely no difference to skew

also the black IU is producing nice print density at the machine rear, very washed out density in the middle & below average density at the machine front

this machine is driving me insane - anyone got any further suggestions? my client is getting very impatient with me

Dig through the threads there is answers. Plus there is FW patch for P-14 although I had to do everything manually.

just one to start with :http://copytechnet1.rssing.com/browser.php?indx=10073942&item=3621

Tech Helpdesk
07-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Hi there

I think you know what the answer is going to be !

I suspect the yellow and cyan drums have signs of damage so my advise is to fit oem iu's and you fault will be resolved.

Regards

aAandy
07-11-2015, 10:30 AM
update

the client called in with a C225B error,,, so either the K IU is sick or the power supply - the machine indicated to check the finisher is connected, so i presume it's the PSU (could this also be causing my repeat image?)

regarding the skew issue, the only things i haven't yet done in the P-14 solution list is replace the print head, K IU (thought it also had this problem with the previous OEM IU but seemed to magically correct itself after a few days )& relevant boards

i found a free C451 on gumtree, went & picked it up, fired it up, fixed a few minor issues with it & it's working like magic - so i'm going to bring my clients IUs & fit them to my machine & see how they go,,, end of the day it may just be easier to swap the machines

silly question, but the machine i got free has the oil can illuminated, but when i press it, it just beeps & doesn't reveal the warning - no warnings shown in service mode, no error codes, the only indication is that the K toner is low,, replace when indicated

any thoughts?

thanks in advance

Custom Search