PDA

View Full Version : c353 - machine freezes up after around 80 pages on SCANNING ?

Custom Search

benbencore@gmail.com
07-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Hi there,
customer is scanning around 600 pages a day doublesided. She is doing a run of 150 a time. I haven't seen the fault in action. She said the machine locks up and she has to turn it on and off. It then loses its RAM? so it wont start where it left off.
I have clear all job sent details. gone in to scan setting and put the dpi to its lowest. put it from photo/text to text only ect only to try reduce the amount of bytes as its scanning.
Has there ever been a bulliton or issue like this before?

regards ben

EarthKmTech
07-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Given the age of the machine i would firstly be suspicious of the RAM and secondly the hdd.

I have also seen on a c203 (same series) the machine lockup only in copy mode which was cured by nvram initialise, may not be related but food for thought.

blackcat4866
07-04-2015, 12:20 AM
Exactly what kind of scanning? Email, SMB. FTP, TWAIN? Are they color or monochrome scans? What file type?

Not knowing anything, I might guess that you were bumping into the limits of the email attachment size. =^..^=

benbencore@gmail.com
07-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Exactly what kind of scanning? Email, SMB. FTP, TWAIN? Are they color or monochrome scans? What file type?

Not knowing anything, I might guess that you were bumping into the limits of the email attachment size. =^..^=

hi,

sorry - its smb pdf in black double sided. I have got a spare HDD that I will re-format. I had a HP colour copier do this after 20 pages. It fixed that because the hard disk I could hear jumping like a stuck cd disk.. I will try this and see how they get on. Thanks for the reply guys :)

Custom Search