PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c203 with error c5102

Custom Search

axyun
07-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Customer called about an hour ago with error c5102 on bizhub c203. I checked manual and it appears to be main motor/transport motor related. Is this usually a motor change necessity or is it usually something putting added stress on motor that needs to be addressed. I've had different machines where the fuser unit or drum unit or dv init need to be repaired or changed. Any information is very much appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

allan
07-06-2015, 06:56 PM
It could be either a busted motor or a locked drive, in some cases is just a stif image unit. If the code suggest a part take one with you.

axyun
07-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Thank you Allan.

JR2ALTA
07-07-2015, 12:06 AM
yea it's the motor. knowledge base will say you need to replace a board with it, but you don't

axyun
07-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Thank you JR2ALTA. It looks like a pain to change it.I have never removed the board assemblies in back before. Will check SM. I think customer may be ready to purchase another machine.Frank

JR2ALTA
07-07-2015, 01:06 AM
Really not so bad. The boards stay in the "cage" so it's one big piece. Lots of screws a couple fans and ribbon cables to get out of the way. Just remember when you boot up you'll probably get the code. You have to trouble reset it.

allan
07-07-2015, 03:38 AM
To reset the code open and close the front door.

axyun
07-07-2015, 04:12 AM
Thanks you.

Hansoon
07-07-2015, 04:47 AM
Frank, don't forget to take out that easily forgotten hidden screw under the white ribbon cable support at the right hand side of the cage. Otherwise the cage will not come out. Just did 3 weeks ago that motor for the same reason. I took one from a junker, which I have a lot at the moment, cause I'm replacing as much as possible of these series with the following up C-280/360's. Did I say I started to HATE the C253/353 series..........?

Hans

allan
07-07-2015, 06:12 AM
We are about to scrap about 10 working C353's!! Just to expensive to run.

axyun
07-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Thanks hans.

jonpaul
07-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Customer called about an hour ago with error c5102 on bizhub c203. I checked manual and it appears to be main motor/transport motor related. Is this usually a motor change necessity or is it usually something putting added stress on motor that needs to be addressed. I've had different machines where the fuser unit or drum unit or dv init need to be repaired or changed. Any information is very much appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Hi we have had a few main motor M1 go its not unusual.Its a bit of a job to replace it as the cage has to come off to get access, its on the left hand side as you look at it,Part noA02EM10300, we found practice makes it half hour job !!! Hope this helps.

axyun
07-07-2015, 02:46 PM
thank you Jonpaul.

paulrid
07-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Frank, don't forget to take out that easily forgotten hidden screw under the white ribbon cable support at the right hand side of the cage. Otherwise the cage will not come out. Just did 3 weeks ago that motor for the same reason. I took one from a junker, which I have a lot at the moment, cause I'm replacing as much as possible of these series with the following up C-280/360's. Did I say I started to HATE the C253/353 series..........?

Hans

yeah that one screw, not that I missed it only yesterday ;)

must admit apart from toner supply issues (which I haven't had many) I find this range of machines to be good but a bad run good change that option.

paul.

Hansoon
07-07-2015, 05:04 PM
We are about to scrap about 10 working C353's!! Just to expensive to run.

You're not rebuilding the IU's Allan?

Hans

Hansoon
07-07-2015, 05:19 PM
must admit apart from toner supply issues (which I haven't had many) I find this range of machines to be good but a bad run good change that option.

Paul that's what I have heard from colleagues too but until now we had with the 8 or so units low volume machines:

-Faulty lasers 2x
-Puking developer because of defective HV unit
-Defective main drive motors 2x
-Rusty squeaking TB clutches. 3x (my favourite, they are sooo easy accessible yah know...)
-Failing color printing. Colors come out B&W
-Dead machine after power loss. Never found the cause. Machine was replaced with a C-280
-Fuser error codes
-Skewing from LCC's 2x
-ADF stalling, hanging up whole machine.

If anything is missing in the list than its not that I forgot but because I'm suppressing thoughts......

However, we never had the much feared blocking of waste toner chutes. Until now, that is....

Hans

Hansoon
07-07-2015, 05:31 PM

Paul that's what I have heard from colleagues too but until now we had with the 8 or so units low volume machines:

-Faulty lasers 2x
-Rusty squeaking TB clutches. 3x (my favourite, they are sooo easy accessible yah know...)
-Dead machine after power loss. Never found the cause. Machine was replaced with a C-280
-Fuser error codes
-Skewing from LCC's 2x

If anything is missing in the list than its not that I forgot but because I'm suppressing thoughts......

However, we never had the much feared blocking of waste toner chutes. Until now, that is....

Hans

paulrid
07-07-2015, 06:00 PM

-Faulty lasers 2x
-Fuser error codes
-Skewing from LCC's 2x

Hans

Must admit when you list them out I have seen most of them
faulty laser
main motor
damaged TB but worn not the clutch
dead machine which I also never found out why
fusers yep

if I have a big issue (toner supply) I just swop the machine out ;)

but I still like the machines for me anyway they seem comfortable with good volume printing.

paul.

ps now I've said this I'm going to have a s*** week :p

allan
07-07-2015, 07:21 PM
You're not rebuilding the IU's Allan?
Hans

No. Replacing them with C220 type machines. I convert the K tanks to color to save on that, and use only OEM parts.
I have seen 3de part stuff out there like kits and stuff but there don't seem to be time for me to do that, and i don't like using units other guys have built because i am way to meticulous and i know they are not.
If i get time i rebuilt b/w units for boot stock. Fusers, webs, DR's, DV's, sincro units, feeders.
Stripping apart and cleaning the charge unit on a DR311 makes it run another cycle.

The older color machines still work very well. Mabe should look into rebuilding them. So now i have to do the costing to check what that is worth.

Custom Search