PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C450 wate toner bottle issue

Custom Search

rdyjnkns
07-06-2015, 11:27 PM
For some reason, waste toner is no going into the bottle, and it is difficult to both remove and install the bottle (see photo).
Every other day, the customer must vacuum up the toner. I have seated the bottle in the compartment and watch the waste toner go into the bottle. However, this is a repeat discrepancy. Could the auger be misaligned? Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

Flash
07-07-2015, 01:56 AM
When you install the bottle put the rear side in first until it is all the way in and then swing the front side in until it is seated properly.

xix76
07-07-2015, 07:51 AM
It also could be the transfer belt cleaner unit clogged up. I have seen the units back up and start to warp the plastic around the exit area of the cleaner unit. Remove the belt unit and check the cleaner unit.

XIX

Imsdal
07-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Hello there.

Check if the shutter is not damage. It happen that the shutter breaks and you can not install the waste bottle properly in the machine.
I send you a diagram of it.
The other foto I think is the fuser unit..A roller must be damage.

Sincerely

Imsdal

rdyjnkns
07-07-2015, 03:32 PM
When you install the bottle put the rear side in first until it is all the way in and then swing the front side in until it is seated properly.Thanks you.

rdyjnkns
07-07-2015, 03:33 PM
It also could be the transfer belt cleaner unit clogged up. I have seen the units back up and start to warp the plastic around the exit area of the cleaner unit. Remove the belt unit and check the cleaner unit.XIXThank you.

rdyjnkns
07-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Hello there.Check if the shutter is not damage. It happen that the shutter breaks and you can not install the waste bottle properly in the machine.I send you a diagram of it.The other foto I think is the fuser unit..A roller must be damage.SincerelyImsdalThanks for the advice and diagram.

femaster
07-09-2015, 03:20 AM
There is a problem with the shutter on the transfer cleaning unit. I've seen this a few times, when the waste bottle did not get installed properly. Of the three times I've seen this, the shutter was not lined up with the opening in the bottle, and got bent up at an angle. The shutter itself has never broken off thankfully.

There is definitely going to be a backup of toner in the cleaning unit that you will need to clean out. Once everything is cleaned up, you will need to watch the shutter as you put the bottle back in. What I've had to do in these situations is take my small flat blade screw driver and move the shutter towards the front of the machine so that it lines up with the hole in the top of the bottle. Once this is done, you won't have any more issues, at least until the next time the bottle is removed. I usually put a sticky note on the cleaning unit to remind me, so that I don't have a reoccurring problem in the future.

EarthKmTech
07-09-2015, 03:48 AM
Ahhhhh, I remember this fault :cool:

When there was a finisher installed the customer did not notice it till tray 1 filled up with waste toner. There was always a mountain of waste toner on the carpet to clean up between the machine and the finisher.

I used to bend the shutter straight again to ensure it went in to the box again, fortunately if it is a young transfer belt and you cant fix it you can order and replace just the cleaning section on those old machines to save some money. Gone are those days.

Custom Search