PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM BizHub C450 paper curl

Custom Search

rdyjnkns
07-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Good morning,My customer has a KM Biz Hub C450 in her 2nd story home office. When ever she prints proposals which can be from 100-500 pages, they get paper curl (see attachment) and jamming. Although we all reside in southern California (San Diego), her office has a humidity problem, even with the windows open. I have advised her to fan the paper before she starts printing and be aware of the humidity. I was also going to set the cooling fan to MODE 2 (high output) in service mode. Any advice and/or assistance would be deeply appreciated.

allan
07-07-2015, 07:29 PM
There must me something wrong with the machine even damp paper will only curl into one direction the paper needs to be almost malleable with damp.i have seen those before and its normally something mechanical. Take a fresh ream of paper with you and make some prints if it does not happen with those papers i am on the wrong trail...

It could be a nasty flatspot on a roller.

blackcat4866
07-08-2015, 12:58 AM
As long as this is only 20# bond, you might try reducing the fuser temperature 5C or 10C. Be sure to check that the image is still adequately fused. You are right. It is a paper problem. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
07-08-2015, 09:13 AM
If it doesn't do it with a fresh out of the packet paper it aint the machines, or your problem. Tell them to install an airconditioner (refrigerated). I have 40 machines in one remote location that is 90+% humidity with 50% chance of heavy rain every single day of the year. Each machine is in an airconditioned office that is like walking into a meat locker, not one of them ever has moist paper jams/curl. Even 4 series!!!!

rdyjnkns
07-09-2015, 01:24 AM
Good afternoon. Thanks for all the advice. I returned today to look at the copier. I decreased the fuser temperature by -5'C and changed the cooling fan speed to mode 2 [high]. I will follow up in the morning.

Custom Search