PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Scan via USB

Custom Search

Copystar Tech
07-07-2015, 08:38 PM
I have a customer who has a FS-1135 in a very small machine shop connect by USB. He'd like to scan to e-mail or SMB, but I can't even figure out the TWAIN driver on the thing. Surprised I haven't run in to this issue by now. Any help would be appreciated.

darry1322
07-07-2015, 09:03 PM
Load the twain driver on the PC.
On the PC, go to Programs and set the TWAIN driver settings.
Use TWAIN compatible software to scan.

Looks to me like the TWAIN driver setting will use an IP address so TWAIN would need a network rather than a USB connection.

Copystar Tech
07-07-2015, 09:59 PM
That's what I'm afraid of.

Kyo fan
07-08-2015, 12:10 AM
FS-1135MFP doesn't have network twain, so it's usb only in that case which is tbh rather slow and inconvenient. Tell him not to be cheap and spend like 20$ on some cheap switch and one utp cable. Than he can do whatever he wants.

darry1322
07-08-2015, 01:10 AM
FS-1135MFP doesn't have network twain, so it's usb only in that case which is tbh rather slow and inconvenient. Tell him not to be cheap and spend like 20$ on some cheap switch and one utp cable. Than he can do whatever he wants.

I haven't personally tried TWAIN on an FS-1135. A kyocera doc I found online says it supports USB TWAIN, but the user manual instructions for setting the TWAIN driver includes entering the IP address of the device in the TWAIN driver. One of our techs was trying to get TWAIN to work and when I was walking him through the instructions on the phone, he said the TWAIN driver setup asks for the address of the copier.

From all this I assume network TWAIN.

Since the device doesn't have a HDD, I'm not sure exactly how it works but the 2550 used network TWAIN without a HDD.

nmfaxman
07-08-2015, 01:43 AM
Almost all brands now require a network to scan.
If they want a simple, use the software kind of machine, sell them a desktop model just for local printing and scanning.
Most of these are designed for USB scanning. The bigger boxes require a network connection for scanning.
Why waste money creating a scanning program when SMB and email are more stable and built into the machine that works with most platforms?

prskmr
11-16-2021, 01:50 PM

it is possible to use twain driver using usb cable, there is option to select model with usb. no need to enter ip adress

Samanator
11-16-2021, 03:19 PM
You might be able to make this work, but if you do, you (not some IT company or guy) will have to support it.

.....just sayin'

Good luck

copykat93
11-16-2021, 09:54 PM
Why not just hand him a thumb drive and show him how to scan to USB memory.. easy peasy, & then he can pop it in his PC & do whatever he wants, email, edit, folder... the possibilities are endless

CWP
11-17-2021, 01:23 AM
I would hope this issue has either been resolved or machine upgraded - the original post is over six years old!

PrintWhisperer
11-17-2021, 03:58 AM
I would hope this issue has either been resolved or machine upgraded - the original post is over six years old!

Right? I first saw the necro from the Bangalore guy and thought, ok he doesn't get it and probably still works with TWAIN.:p

After that....

Custom Search