PDA

View Full Version : Riso RP3700 problem

Custom Search

bgraphics
05-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a Riso RP3700 that has started giving me trouble by telling me that it is out of ink and it is not.
Any help?
Thanks

cobiray
05-26-2008, 05:49 PM
I would start by trying another ink bottle, checking the one in the machine for damage or flaws. After that run the ink motor in test mode to see if it is operating properly. If it is, check the ink sensor in test mode to find out if it is detecting ink. I've had a few pump motors fail, so that is my initial prognosis without seeing the machine.

techathens
05-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Also - sometimes the drum wire harness connector (male end on drum, lower right: part # 446-10101-000 RP parts manual, Fig. 10, Drum (1) Area, part #8) that connects the wire harness to the machine plastic parts (small finger-like) will break / and some of the contact points will no longer make connection. I have seen this on almost everyone of my high volume clients that change out cylinders frequently - last one West Hall HS, exact same issue on the Black Cylinder.

kiwitechnician
12-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I think only one action is the right in this case. Go to drum and remove the ink filter of the ink supply nose. Lately the Riso have had very thick ink and it caused nonsufficient supplying of the ink. I played with issue a few times, everytime was the same problem.

techathens
12-17-2008, 01:22 PM
These RP has a filter? Did not know that - I knew the TR, CR and RN did - and causes problems. Thanks for the heads-up on that one, I actually worked for RISO Corporate and that was never brought to my / our attention.

But I do see the wire harness connector [rf: 446-10101-000] from the drum to the unit fingers/guides come apart or break and cause a mis / non-connection or communication error between the unit and the cylinder, the latest South Hall High School in Oakwood Georgia USA, RP3100. Easily check or switched if the client has a color cylinder that the part can be exchanged.

joelsa12
12-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Pull the ink out and look for an electronic number etched at the bottom of the tube. If the number is 7N795KA or 7N795KE it is a bad batch of ink. Throw the ink away and clean the screen in the front part of the pump unit like mentioned above.

rhungau
11-18-2011, 01:29 PM
i have the same problem too, it may have air inside the pump, you may try to open the drum take of the the srceen, after that you will see the pump ( the Pump is black ) take off the pump, put the ink to the pump and try to push the bottom of the ink, once the ink come out from the pump, put it back everythings, try again goodluck

Custom Search