PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta and Microsoft Office

Custom Search

wseyller
07-09-2015, 12:52 AM
Do all printer/copier manufacturers have these issues or is it just Konica Minolta.

I get so many issues with Office and Bizhubs. Normally it is finishing options that have problems like forgetting to staple or blank pages after the first 30 sets of a center staple/fold job.

My current issue: Using MS Word 2007 with C364e

Tray configuration
Letter/letterhead in bypass
Letter/Thick 1 in Tray 1
Letter/Thick 1+ in Tray 2
Letter/Plain in tray 3 (PC410)

In the driver tray 2 is selected and shows Thick 1+
Cover is selected to print from bypass tray.

The copier pulls in the letterhead from the bypass trays and prints correctly the first page.

Then the message on the copier comes up with Load letter thick 1+ in tray 1.

If saved to PDF it works fine, but customer and sales rep doesn't want this as a final solution.

I update firmware to K5 and function version 7. I removed the driver and package from the computer and reinstalled newest PCL and also tried the PS driver. I also tried on my laptop which also has Office 2007.

blackcat4866
07-09-2015, 02:32 AM
I've had plenty of issues with Kyocera and Microsoft Office. Usually it's the finicky programs like Publisher combined with the more complex functions like booklet making that produce some truly interesting results. Word docs tend to hold their print properties from the creator's PC, even after a trip through email. =^..^=

emujo
07-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Check your paper tray settings under user/system/paper tray settings/auto tray selection. You need to ensure all the trays are set "enabled", otherwise the MFPs will not automatically pull from the tray. Emujo

wseyller
07-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Yes emujo they are all highlighted in the auto tray selection. Driver does detect status of the trays correctly as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

emujo
07-09-2015, 01:57 PM
We have had problems with document properties in Word overriding the driver settings in the past. Can you post the file on the site and let us look/experiment? Emujo

wseyller
09-25-2015, 03:56 AM
This popped back up and a different tech went this time. He asked me about it some. I showed him the page setup option in word on my laptop.

So he remoted in and found that some pages where set to default tray (auto) and then some were set to just "auto". The pages with just " auto" set were ones not printing to correct tray. So he was able to fix this tray issue which is really an issue per document.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Custom Search