PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta c6500 weird line on magenta

Custom Search

jorjh
07-09-2015, 02:18 PM
We have a Konica Minolta c6500 with about 1.4m copies and it recently started printing a weird diagonal line on magenta. Its position on the page is always random. We changed all the imaging units, the developer tanks, the belt and even the laser units and it still appeared after about 1 week. Could it be from the Fiery RIP?

Tech Helpdesk
07-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Stop the job before it goes through the fuser and have a look.
Is the image on the transfer belt and paper ok ?
If it is then move your attentions to the fuser area.

blackcat4866
07-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Are you sure it's only affecting magenta? Recently I've seen new batches of paper with a ripple like this. Since the paper isn't flat there isn't much transfer in the valley. It seems to appear every 10 pages in the ream (before it's printed). =^..^=

Mick01
07-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Hi,
This can be caused by dust or lint blocking the laser path. The diagonal line sometimes throws techs off (normally it is a staight line). I have seen loose lint caught that gets blown around so it changes where it blocks the laser path (appears as a diagonnal line like this).
I would thoroughly clean the process unit, also remove the laser units and thoroughly clean the laser cavity. dust inside there will get blown into the process unit giving you continual problems with lines.

Hope this helps.

lucky13
07-10-2015, 01:37 AM
or maybe toner contamination sub hopper full of contaminants

RAI
07-10-2015, 12:32 PM
When you say empty the developer tanks are you saying just refreshing the developer material inside the dev? Change the whole dev unit. Possible contamination at the dev mag roller. Contamination will move with internal auger rotation. Also with dev unit removed wipe down area between dev unit and drum for lose hairs and fibres.

jorjh
07-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Yes, the problem only appears on magenta. The laser units and dev units were also changed from another machine that worked fine. After some more inspecting, the problem is from toner contamination as lucky13 said. Apparently the toner cartridge was refilled from a c8000 one and the person who refilled it used a hacksaw to cut it open :| small plastic particles fell in the toner and ended up in the developer unit. We bothered changing everything inside the machine and didn't think about checking the toner. Hopefully after some thorough cleaning everything will get back to normal. Thank you everyone for your feedback!

blackcat4866
07-11-2015, 01:32 AM
What a genius. I wonder if he even considered that the plastic sawdust it about 10x the size of the toner particles.

Thanks for posting back. =^..^=

Custom Search