PDA

View Full Version : Konica C224 (Olivetti MF222+) letterhead paper type problem

Custom Search

jonbonse
07-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Ok, so we recently installed an Olivetti MF222+ which I am to believe is a Konica C224.....

Everything went fine until setting 2 paper trays from plain to Letterhead. We set trays 2+4 to letterhead, tray 1 to Thick 1 and tray 3 left as plain.

When printing or copying a single sided copy or print to either of the letterhead trays, the printer prints as if it is doing a double sided copy or print by printing on the second side of the paper first. (I know I can simply turn the paper over in the tray but I need to know why it is doing this as it doesn't do it on the other settings.....)This only happens if you have changed the paper type to letterhead. I tested this by changing the type for trays 2+4 to plain and thick 1 and the printer printed as it should.

I have searched high and low and cannot find any settings to stop it from doing this.

Any suggestions?

scottybbb
07-11-2015, 12:14 AM
Ok, so we recently installed an Olivetti MF222+ which I am to believe is a Konica C224.....

Everything went fine until setting 2 paper trays from plain to Letterhead. We set trays 2+4 to letterhead, tray 1 to Thick 1 and tray 3 left as plain.

When printing or copying a single sided copy or print to either of the letterhead trays, the printer prints as if it is doing a double sided copy or print by printing on the second side of the paper first. (I know I can simply turn the paper over in the tray but I need to know why it is doing this as it doesn't do it on the other settings.....)This only happens if you have changed the paper type to letterhead. I tested this by changing the type for trays 2+4 to plain and thick 1 and the printer printed as it should.

I have searched high and low and cannot find any settings to stop it from doing this.

Any suggestions?

That is normal operation when you set any Konica minolta's to letterhead.

pajeroid
09-21-2015, 04:30 PM
I'd just like to add to this thread for anybody else reading...

The reason Konica's are designed to reverse letterhead in this way is so that duplex printing is done correctly. I.e: If you selected the double sided option and print on letterhead, page 1 will be on the letterhead face. Otherwise, page 2 would be on the letterhead face or would have to be taken back into the machine twice.

Custom Search