PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous HELP PLEASE . . . .

Custom Search

Capodastra
07-13-2015, 03:29 PM
I have a Bizhub C451 and I am printing through a Fiery from a Mac using OS X 10.6.8.

I have an A3 sheet with colour and black text on both sides. There is a graphic on the pouter side that is black only - created as a grayscale jpg / tiff/ bitmap (tried all versions).

I printed the inner first and it is perfectly fine. When I print the outer for some reason the text prints out of 4-colour and the mono graphic also prints out of 4-colour even though that and the main text are black only (100%k). The colour text on both sides is fine, there is no deviation.

I am using the Fiery 50-45c-KM-Colorplus profile. I have tried the others and messed about with pure black,rich black, etc; I have turned off the RGB and CMYK setting sin the "Gray and Black" in colour management, but still no joy.

I am desperate as I cannot find the answer and am falling behind with work.

PLEASE, PLEASE< can anyone help me?

C

Capodastra
07-17-2015, 05:44 AM
If I print using the PURE BLACK setting the text prints OK as black yet the graphic (which is mono) STILL prints out of 4-colours . . .

I am totally stuffed!

Can anyone shed light on this?

PLEASE?

Dickie
07-17-2015, 07:47 AM
Could it be a corrupt file ? Try changing it slightly then re-save it with a new name. Open the new file and try to print from that.
Or even try sending to print via another graphics package, if you have one, as it could be that a setting in that is over-riding the driver/fiery settings.

Just a couple of thoughts may not help but worth eliminating

Capodastra
07-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Could it be a corrupt file ? Try changing it slightly then re-save it with a new name. Open the new file and try to print from that.
Or even try sending to print via another graphics package, if you have one, as it could be that a setting in that is over-riding the driver/fiery settings.

Just a couple of thoughts may not help but worth eliminating

Thanks for the pointers - tried it and still no way will it print the b/w graphic as mono and even now with pure black on it will NOT print black as simple black - flummoxed!!

Mr Spock
07-18-2015, 01:25 AM
which program and which driver? If you use a generic even with the correct profile it may not work correctly.
If you are using a microsoft product then try something different and see if the results change. I have seen ms product do this as default regardless of driver settings.

blackcat4866
07-18-2015, 01:43 AM
I'm not sure that I understand. What is the desired result? Do you want side1 monochrome and side2 full color, while duplexing a print job? I seriously doubt that the auto-color option is available on a machine as old as the bizhub C451.

On any color image the black text will be composite black (dots of CMYK). If you select "Print Text As Black" all the text will be black. None will be color.

Can you be more specific? =^..^=

Capodastra
07-20-2015, 09:47 AM
OK, I will try and explain it better . . .

I am working on a Mac running OS 10.6.8.

I have an A3 sheet that is printed both sides with black text and coloured text and a black and white graphic.

The issue I have is that the BLACK text and BLACK LINE ILLUSTRATION GRAPHIC all print out of CMYK and I cannot find a way to make the black print only black and the colour only CMYK.

With the registration not being spot on the text fringes as well as the black graphic and looks awful.

I have tried making a pdf of the job and importing that into Command Workstation but that is exactly the same.

I cannot seem to access the Image Viewer as it is not there when I control click the job in the hold queue of Command Workstation.

This is now driving me batty and pushing me way behind with work, so any help is very gratefully received.

Dickie
07-20-2015, 10:37 AM
The obvious way to do this is to create 2 seperate documents and print the black graphic in black or greyscale mode and then put the paper back through and overlay the colour part of the image as a seperate document with the black areas voided out. It is not a perfect solution but should at least give the desired effect as long as you are using good quality paper that will not crease after 4 passes through the fuser.

Capodastra
07-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Thanks Dickie,

I did do that to complete the job, but what a pantsy way of overcoming the situation.

Because I am using an older machine and do not have a service contract I am still in the dark.

Capodastra
08-06-2015, 01:28 PM
FOUND THE SOLUTION . . .

Finally . . I had to make sure in the Workstation that black was pure black and set as overprint foe text . . PHEW!!!

Thanks for all the help and pointers.

regards

C

Custom Search