PDA

View Full Version : Keycounter socket location PRO951

Custom Search

patk
07-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Have not been able to find location of the keycounter socket on bizhub PRO 951. Anyone know, doesnt appear to be in any manual Ive seen so far

Cheers
Pat

allan
07-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Here comes the best clue i can give. CN35 on the PRCB and CNT2(Fknows?).
The only instance i could get in the manual is on a diagram.
That does show the pin layout.

Search for the words key counter in the manual and there would be a couple of clues.
I would not be surprised if the socket on CN35 is empty.

I don't think they what you to use it. Its there, but no supporting documentation!

tech51
07-13-2015, 07:35 PM
There's a small panel on the rear of the main body which you have to unscrew. The socket is behind that.
If you look at the machine from the back its just below the left hand doc feeder hinge.

patk
07-14-2015, 09:37 AM
There's a small panel on the rear of the main body which you have to unscrew. The socket is behind that.
If you look at the machine from the back its just below the left hand doc feeder hinge.

Thanks but we do not have small panel in that position or anywhere on back of machine body

Cheers

patk
07-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Here comes the best clue i can give. CN35 on the PRCB and CNT2(Fknows?).
The only instance i could get in the manual is on a diagram.
That does show the pin layout.

Search for the words key counter in the manual and there would be a couple of clues.
I would not be surprised if the socket on CN35 is empty.

I don't think they what you to use it. Its there, but no supporting documentation!

CN35 is connected - 4 yellow wires which unfortunately join the loom with a million other yellows

Cheers
Pat

allan
07-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Well its CN35 connector the key counter only use 4 wires.

Dont take my work for it but i think shorting pin 2 and 3 would lock the machine in key counter mode. Its SGND and Set_KC. I would do that with a low rated like 250mA 5V fuse.

patk
07-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Well its CN35 connector the key counter only use 4 wires.

Dont take my work for it but i think shorting pin 2 and 3 would lock the machine in key counter mode. Its SGND and Set_KC. I would do that with a low rated like 250mA 5V fuse.

My error - CN35 has 4 yellows (edited above). I've found the key counter connector now, its in the space above HV unit 1, identified by pins 1 and 2 being loop connected as per the wiring diagram.

Thanks for help

Cheers
Pat

allan
07-14-2015, 05:20 PM
My error - CN35 has 4 yellows (edited above). I've found the key counter connector now, its in the space above HV unit 1, identified by pins 1 and 2 being loop connected as per the wiring diagram.

Thanks for help

Cheers
Pat

I am never sure if it should switch to positive or to ground. All sensors and solenoids switch to ground.

That means Pin 2 (Key Counter set) and Pin 1 (24V supply) must be open (not connected) to disable the machine? That means its switch to positive.

Are you connecting a coin vendor?
The way of doing things with this machine is with IC cards that can be loaded with credits.
Not a machine i would expose to the public.

patk
07-14-2015, 05:46 PM
I am never sure if it should switch to positive or to ground. All sensors and solenoids switch to ground.

That means Pin 2 (Key Counter set) and Pin 1 (24V supply) must be open (not connected) to disable the machine? That means its switch to positive.

Are you connecting a coin vendor?
The way of doing things with this machine is with IC cards that can be loaded with credits.
Not a machine i would expose to the public.

Although 24v supply is on pin 1 on CN35, its on pin 4 on the key counter socket CN61A, The two pins connected are Key Counter Set and SGND.

No, not connecting coin vendor, I'm connecting a CPAD unit for PaperCut MF.

Cheers
Pat

MAUro
01-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Although 24v supply is on pin 1 on CN35, its on pin 4 on the key counter socket CN61A, The two pins connected are Key Counter Set and SGND.

No, not connecting coin vendor, I'm connecting a CPAD unit for PaperCut MF.

Cheers
Pat

Hi, i had the same problem, the conector 1&2 must be connected. Cheers

Custom Search