PDA

View Full Version : c650 fiery question

Custom Search

dogsbody
05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
hi guys,
we got ourselves 2 C650's with fierys which is something new for us, last one I worked on was an 8031 with a fiery, customers always went for the cheap option.
can someone tell me what the cross over cable is for?
does the fiery have any scanning function of it's own or do i have to use two LAN cables and scan fom the emperon controller.
cheers.

random
05-26-2008, 12:25 PM
The fiery must be connected to the copier via the network cable. This is something that came in around the c450 era which you seemed to have missed. From what I gather you can either connect the crossover between the the internal nic and the port labeled 'copier' on the fiery or you can connect all three via a switch.

Christan
05-26-2008, 04:28 PM
there are two printer in your C650 one using the default printer Card (emperon) and the EFI controller. If you assign two IP addresses to the the MC you can print and scan( better and easy) while you can use the EFI controller to output better quality print out although EFI controller allow you to scan the scanning function is not as easy to set as the default printer

dogsbody
05-27-2008, 12:50 AM
thanks guys, think i'll use a switch and print through the fiery and scan from the MFP.

Custom Search