PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250

Custom Search

Vesigoth
05-26-2008, 05:45 PM
This machine is giving me a C-D004 on warm up. Any ideas on what this code means and how to clear it would be appreciated. I'm not trained on these Minoltas so if you can be specific on how to get into the service mode it would be a great help. Thanks.

cobiray
05-26-2008, 06:00 PM
C-D004 error is for hard drive in machine. It probably needs replaced, but you may be able to format it and get it back up and running. If you cannot clear the code, disconnect the drive and disable the hard drive function. You will loose some functionality by disabling the drive.

Vesigoth
05-27-2008, 03:25 AM
How do I go about reformating the hard drive? Can you post the procedure for me? I can't seem to clear the code. I'll try disconnecting the hard drive in the morning. I do have a harddrive from a C350 and was wondering if they're interchangable? What funtionality will I loose if I disconnect the drive?

cobiray
05-28-2008, 04:11 AM
You don't actually have to take it out to disable it, there is a setting in tech rep to disable/enable. I believe you loose memory box functions and possibly scanning/faxing destinations if it is disabled. I'm not 100% as most of these machines we have are not fax enabled and using FTP scanning. If you are using the Fiery controller and no fax option, you probably won't see any change in function.

Drives should be interchangeable if they are of like size. I don't recall the exact sizes, but I would assume they are close. I'd update the firmware also, as the machine is down anyway.

meter>detail>s>0>0s>0>1 for tech mode. HDD settings are under system 1 or system 2.

As a disclaimer, since you aren't trained, you're on your own if you fubar the machine. I take no responsibility for what you do. My personal recommendation is to have a tech look at it that is trained.

lkrsardis
05-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Yes this can happen when end users try to cheat the system. It takes ability and training to fix this stuff. Ever tried your own personal lung surgery?:eek::eek::eek:

Custom Search