PDA

View Full Version : BH 223

Custom Search

blazebusiness
07-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Had to repost this ......something went wrong with first post.......won't allow people to post replies.

Machine powers up fine.......no error codes. Copy screen say "Ready to copy" If you try to make a copy the orange light on the front of the copier blinks/flashes and nothing happens. If you try to print from the computer when the copier display says ready to copy......same thing.....orange light blinks and nothing ever happens. No message appears (ie....like failed to complete job)

In the display screen warning area if you hit the exclamation mark.......L-6 and L-4 codes are displayed indicating time to replace drum unit/developer. On this model......can the L-4/L-6 warnings disable the copier on this model? Or has a PCB failed. Signed on to KBMS and no bulletins found about this issue. In service mode there is no option to allow continued operation when Drum/developer is due.

fixthecopier
07-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Have never had that issue. if it comes up as ready to copy, then it is not the drum. Will it make internal test prints?

blazebusiness
07-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Have never had that issue. if it comes up as ready to copy, then it is not the drum. Will it make internal test prints?Thanks for responding..... Nope..............will always come to ready......but no test prints. Can enter service mode just fine and utility counter works ok also. Just stuck in a wait/flashing orange light condition as soon as you try to copy or print. Job never times out either. No "failed to complete job message" appears.

copier addict
07-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Go into service mode. Hit "Stop-0-Clear" IU Life stop setting to "No Stop" That should do it.

blazebusiness
07-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Go into service mode. Hit "Stop-0-Clear" IU Life stop setting to "No Stop" That should do it. My initial thought was exactly that but went into service mode and no Life stop setting available on this model. I think there might have been a firmware update to address this discrepancy. Or maybe just replacing the dv and drum unit and clearing counters may resolve the issue. b

allan
07-15-2015, 03:38 PM
If the Drum and dev is still ok you can reset the counters and then do TCR auto adjust and gradation. I Let the DR411 and developer go for a second time it needs to be vacuumed and cleaned out.

There is special firmware for print jobs that would just let the light flash with no print out. Try GCJ-D6.
If its got a HDD i would give that a format.

It seems to be a common problem for this machine to hang and not respond. I had 2 cases before where that happens. A format and firmware fixed it both times.

SmellsHot
07-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Go into service mode. Stop, 0, clear to enter "enhanced security mode" go to life stop setting make sure "no stop" is highlighted.
Go into system 2. Software switch setting. Make sure Switch 25 is set to hex 20. This enables version 3 firmware to function(if it's installed)
I'd also check to make sure that your HDD is set correctly. This machine did NOT come standard with the HDD.

darry1322
07-15-2015, 08:55 PM
Had to repost this ......something went wrong with first post.......won't allow people to post replies.

If you use the word "print" in the title of your post, the board sets your post to "printable" view.

If you need to use the word "print" putting an s or er on the end works.

allan
07-16-2015, 11:29 AM
TAUS1200503EN01. Found this its a exact conscription of your problem.

The fix is easy.

blazebusiness
07-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Thanks much to all who replied. To close out the thread......replacing the developer and drum unit and clearing the life counters and running Tcr adjust fixed the problem.

Custom Search