PDA

View Full Version : C250 tray 2 lift motor advice

Custom Search

patterson70
07-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Hello, could anyone direct me as to anything I need to know to replace this motor besides removing the back cover of course. The paper is not lifting yet there is no error code. Also the PC cannot send a print due to a per size mismatch. I am assuming this is happening because the paper is not raising up. There are no hidden pieces of paper inside. Also, the printer driver has a tab that is in French, making it more difficult to choose the paper size since I want 11 x 17 but it only has A3. Am I doing something wrong in loading the PCL driver? I did load the PS driver and that works but it also does not have an 11 x 17 setting , just A3, which is slightly different of course. I am having him use the bypass until I get this straightened out.

Jazzwcs
07-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Check to make sure that the plastic actuators are not broken or missing on the paper feed assembly. There's one towards the rear of the assembly that pushes feed tires down, there's one that detects paper that may be stuck. Also check the frame on the size detection sensors to make sure that it hasn't been bent.

patterson70
07-18-2015, 12:26 AM
Thank you. Went out and discovered that the paper lift motor is working, you can see the orange flag appear in the window. There was a piece of cardboard used to keep the side guides steady and it worked it's way to blocking the lifting of the tray sometimes. But what is happening now is that the 11 x 17 paper stops at the feed roller assembly and will not go past them. There does not seem to be anything in the way. Can the feed rollers just stop turning due to a motor going out? I roughed up the rollers and should have seen some improvement but no change.

blackcat4866
07-18-2015, 01:06 AM
How many clicks on those rollers? I typically do not spend my time "roughing up" rollers that don't grab. Either they work or they get replaced. Also clean and lubricate the one way bearings. =^..^=

patterson70
07-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Thank you for your advice. There are not very many pages printed since I last replaced them. I roughed the rollers in drawer 2 just to see if the paper would feed just a little more but it made no difference. I am now thinking that it is possibly a page size mismatch problem the paper is stopping at the rollers. (For example I noticed with this model that if the paper in drawer 1 is in the opposite direction from what is programmed it will cause a jam rather than not feeding - some Ricohs are like that as well before they had the auto page size detect.)

I did not mention it previously but I have been getting the message saying that it cannot detect the paper size in drawer 2. I programmed 11 x 17 for tray 2 but not sure it is accepting that size correctly. I did check the fingers in the back of the machine to see if they were all not bent and could see that they were ok. Is it possible that the little switch that the finger that is pushed in for 11x17 depresses has gone bad? (The metal piece in the back of the drawer is set correctly that pushes the finger in when the drawer closes.) Maybe if the switch is bad then the machine is not detecting the correct paper size (even though I programmed it) and it is stopping the feeding at the pick-up rollers all by itself? Have you or anyone seen those switches go bad before?

blackcat4866
07-21-2015, 12:31 AM
If I remember correctly, there is a slider contact inside the base of the tray, operated by the side guide to tell the controller what paper width is loaded. If it's acting up, I'll usually remove all the paper and slide the side guides in and out several times. If it then reads correctly, great. If it still doesn't work, some disassembly, cleaning, and possibly replacing is called for. =^..^=

Jazzwcs
07-22-2015, 03:09 PM
There are also 2 photo interrupt sensors that the side guides rails use to detect size. They sit next to the size detect sensors. Make sure those are clean and are working properly.

patterson70
07-23-2015, 03:25 AM
Thank you, I did not realize that, I am betting that might be the problem - perhaps they are needing to be cleaned. I will report back the result when I get out there but it may be some time.

Custom Search