PDA

View Full Version : How to disable or turn off SD-511 exit tray counter?

Custom Search

progoffice
07-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Is there a way to turn off the counter or disable the mechanism that triggers the tray full message for the SD-511? I believe 20 is the max. Is there perhaps a special firmware or bit switch that can give the user more control over this? They would like the machine to keep running as folded jobs are steadily pulled from the exit tray.

Thanks

Cleveland Tech
07-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Is there a way to turn off the counter or disable the mechanism that triggers the tray full message for the SD-511? I believe 20 is the max. Is there perhaps a special firmware or bit switch that can give the user more control over this? They would like the machine to keep running as folded jobs are steadily pulled from the exit tray.

Thanks

we have taken the tray off, then set something on the floor for the booklets to fall into. that seems to do the trick for our customers.

progoffice
07-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Is there not an internal counter that stops the machine from running after a certain number of jobs have been printed/folded? If not, I can see how this would be a viable solution.

emujo
07-17-2015, 08:38 PM
he might be thinking of an older version that had the belts that would push the jobs out. This would run until the limit switch actuated, you could put a box under this one...SD-511 SM states 20 is the max # of jobs, and from memory, the MFP is looking for the bin to be emptied before continuing. Emujo

wseyller
07-18-2015, 12:25 AM
Can't remember if the same one but I remember using a rubber band to rig it and putting box down to fall into. Don't think there is a way otherwise but to trick a sensor.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Custom Search