PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C451 serious noise problem

Custom Search

stanloy4
07-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Please can anyone help me out on how to solve the issue of seriously disturbing noise in konica minolta c451? A wired nose coming from the the fuser area though i cant really be specific about where exactly this noise is coming from ? Can anyone explain better to me pls how to go about solving it

Jazzwcs
07-20-2015, 12:39 AM
You must be referring to the infamous fuser grinding noise that you here while the machine is idling. This happens a lot with the C451/C550/C650 series machines. There are a couple of areas to check. First place is the shaft that the idle rollers are on at the adu entrance. A buildup occurs so you will have to pull the shaft out and clean it as well as the inside of the idler rollers.

Second place to check is the fuser gear assembly on the fuser itself. Check to see if the gear are grinding down and causing dust to occur. If so you can try cleaning it out or replacing the gear assembly or the fuser itself.

CAUSE: Coupling gear in the fusing unit is excessively worn. The shaft hole of the coupling gear slowly wears, and the glass fiber dust generated from the gear becomes lodged between the gear and shaft due to the DRYSURF(R) applied at the factory. This accelerates the shaft wear and, over time, the gear mesh becomes worse causing damage to the gear teeth.

SOLUTION: Replace the gear (p/n A00J 7603 01) and completely clean the gear shaft.

The third place to check is the eject drive assembly. There is a cam and/or bushing that will wear out and cause dust and noise. If so replace eject drive assembly A00J R726 11. Hope this helps.

blackcat4866
07-20-2015, 12:45 AM
Could you be talking about the thumping/squealing noise, most noticeable when idling?

Konica Minolta got this great idea to help prevent flat spots on the fuser pressure roller. When idling, the fuser motor runs at low speed ... continuously. Since the fuser runs forever, the bushings and bearings tend to become loose and make those interesting noises.

You can get temporary improvement by disassembling and greasing the heat and pressure roller bushings with HP-500 high temp grease (or your own favorite high temp grease: YMMV). Preventatively, you can lower the fuser temperature, and shorten the energy saver times, but that won't help your current fuser unit.

Your best bet is to convince the customer that this is a highly desirable noise. It's an indication that their copier is still working. =^..^=

Zackuth
07-21-2015, 02:07 PM
I had a noisy C451 and it was the black image unit, which to me sounded like it was coming from the fuser area. It was jamming and finally gave an error code, I don't remember which.

stanloy4
07-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Thank you soo much am very grateful it solve the problem, i think i finally got the
problem at the black drum unit , its really the one making all hell of noise.
i guess c451 has this noise problem majorly its really annoying whenever it happens this way .i want to know a final solution to this types of problem

You must be referring to the infamous fuser grinding noise that you here while the machine is idling. This happens a lot with the C451/C550/C650 series machines. There are a couple of areas to check. First place is the shaft that the idle rollers are on at the adu entrance. A buildup occurs so you will have to pull the shaft out and clean it as well as the inside of the idler rollers.

Second place to check is the fuser gear assembly on the fuser itself. Check to see if the gear are grinding down and causing dust to occur. If so you can try cleaning it out or replacing the gear assembly or the fuser itself.

CAUSE: Coupling gear in the fusing unit is excessively worn. The shaft hole of the coupling gear slowly wears, and the glass fiber dust generated from the gear becomes lodged between the gear and shaft due to the DRYSURF(R) applied at the factory. This accelerates the shaft wear and, over time, the gear mesh becomes worse causing damage to the gear teeth.

SOLUTION: Replace the gear (p/n A00J 7603 01) and completely clean the gear shaft.

The third place to check is the eject drive assembly. There is a cam and/or bushing that will wear out and cause dust and noise. If so replace eject drive assembly A00J R726 11. Hope this helps.

habik
10-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Fuser lamp on pressure roller heater was in my case the actual noise maker. I could not believe it.

Oiled bearings and bushings and then accidentally played with the lamp and voila..the exact squeak sound as during idling. So expansion and vibration on loose lamp brackets and your lamp is on micro slide making you going nuts to figure what it is. You need to bend the lip on the brackets so the lamp won't slide at all.

Hope this helps someone.

Custom Search