PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 552 finisher fs-526 springs broken

Custom Search

axyun
07-20-2015, 01:17 AM
Customer had jamming in finisher with code 7219 . 4 springs broken i believed called pulling springs. I looked in parts manual and got part # A11897700 but did search for it and came up with nothing so far. Was part number changed ? I will try to order from konica minolta tomorrow but wanted some guidance first. Any info regarding this is appreciated very much. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

splblazer91
07-21-2015, 01:28 AM
I did a search and didnt see that part # either. 72-19 jam code is usually the solenoid spring on the backside of the machine are you sure thats not broke?

axyun
07-21-2015, 02:11 AM
part number is actually A11P897700. It is called pulling spring and all four are broken and just hanging ther. I you staple it doesn't jam because they don't come into play.

splblazer91
07-21-2015, 05:37 AM
Gotcha. I know what springs you are talking about. I usually just stretch them out and reconnect them. Not sure how they get broken though.

EarthKmTech
07-21-2015, 11:08 AM
72-19 after every 10-11 pages is a broken bypass gate solenoid spring at the rear. Have done enough of these to do it blindfolded. Early FS535 have the same crappy spring that snaps too.

axyun
07-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Hi EarthKMTech

Thanks for your info. There are 4 broken pulling springs just hanginga nd when i saw that i did not look for anything else, having little experience on this machine and especially the FS526 finisher. I noticed that when the finisher is required to staple a job it does NOT jam. I have ordered the 4 springs and guess i can look at solenoid when i go back. I will look in parts manual for exact location. Can spring be repaired or replace by something similar as i won't have that if there is a solenoid problem as well. Are you saying that the finisher would not jam even with 4 broken pulling springs(A11P89700)? Frank

CompyTech
07-21-2015, 08:36 PM
72-19 after every 10-11 pages is a broken bypass gate solenoid spring at the rear. Have done enough of these to do it blindfolded. Early FS535 have the same crappy spring that snaps too.

There was an update for the spring that made it a bit thicker. I had one recently not break, but simply fell off the hook on the gate(not easy to get back on either). It's near impossible to replace the whole solenoid with out tearing down the whole finisher either, so I just drop in a new plunger when a spring breaks. All they had to do was create a hole in the back of the frame for ease of access, but no.

axyun
07-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Thank you Matt, Big Richard and Splblazer91. Your information is appreciated. I went back to customer and installed the 4 springs but it made no difference. I thought that might be the case when each of you mentioned the solenoid spring. I took off the top cover plate and watched the solenoid and it never energized. I did not see a broken spring so am thinking solenoid is bad. I assume you are talking about the solenoid at top rear gate where paper is removed from FN7 location. Is that sd3? Any assistance is greatly appreciated, Frank.

splblazer91
07-29-2015, 04:10 AM
shine your flashlight through the metal hole in the front of the frame and look at the back of the finisher. you will see the broken plunger spring there. Up in the upper right corner of that cavity. sorry i dont know what guide its actually behind without being in fron of one. There is a tech pup out about it though so look for that.

axyun
08-04-2015, 03:11 AM
Solenoid springs intact. Have a video of problem taken with iphone but don't know how to attach it here. Frank

axyun
08-05-2015, 11:00 PM
All solenoids are intact with no broken springs, However after cheating the finisher door switch and removing top covers watched and never saw any solenoid energize. Even hen i made 1 copy of one document the solenoid at top rear that moves gate so paper will go into top finisher tray did not energize. Alll pages go to lower tray regardless of sorting or stapling or just making a single copy.

I took a video with iphone but was unable to upload to youtube. If I could get emails from a couple of you i could email the video(2) 19 sec and 26 sec. Frank Concerto

axyun
08-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Hi Guys.... I hope you can help me on this as I have explained. Saw no solenoids energize at any time. The solenoid at top rear that routes paper to top tray was not doing so even a a copy of one page. Very little experience this unit and your assistance would be very much appreciated. I will of course give you results when call is completed. Frank

Below are 2 videos taken with my iphone that show the exit area of finisher as 2 copies of 2 page report with stapling jam after first set has exited. problem seems to have gotten worse from original call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THt7pf5CmPI&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO4j_wS8cVo&feature=youtu.be

ZOOTECH
08-08-2015, 12:39 AM
Hi Guys.... I hope you can help me on this as I have explained. Saw no solenoids energize at any time. The solenoid at top rear that routes paper to top tray was not doing so even a a copy of one page. Very little experience this unit and your assistance would be very much appreciated. I will of course give you results when call is completed. Frank

Below are 2 videos taken with my iphone that show the exit area of finisher as 2 copies of 2 page report with stapling jam after first set has exited. problem seems to have gotten worse from original call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THt7pf5CmPI&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO4j_wS8cVo&feature=youtu.be

Why did you make them private, Frank?
I don't have a youtube account login (or am I so stupid I because I don't youtube much?).

axyun
08-08-2015, 01:14 PM
I did not realize they were and and will try to change it

axyun
08-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Videos should be public now. Sorry

axyun
08-10-2015, 02:44 AM
Anyone see anything in veideos that gives a clue? Thanks ,Frank

Custom Search