PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous FS 533 finisher

Custom Search

bernyb
07-21-2015, 06:05 AM
First time working on this and I have spent too much time not being able to figure this one out. At the last exit sensor there is a black arm that is resting itself on the sensor actuator causing a empty the tray signal and machine can't be used. What the heck is supposed to hold this arm up and away from the actuator? I have no parts manual on this. I have removed the finisher from the machine so they can at least make copies until I figure this out. I am sure of you guys have seen this and it is probable something obvious to you.
Thanks

tech51
07-22-2015, 06:44 PM
If it's the part I'm thinking of it should be facing towards the stapler.
If a customer is to rough when removing a jam, the arm can get pulled to the front and cause this fault.
It may be possible to gently move the arm backwards to its correct position.

Blaze1978
07-22-2015, 10:30 PM
It may be possible to gently move the arm backwards to its correct position.

You can in fact move it back into position. It can be a bear to move, as it is a very tight fit, and may take a little more force then your ready to put.... but it can be pushed back to where it belongs. Have had several in here with this issue.

rickh68
07-23-2015, 08:50 PM
I too am dealing with the same problem. My customer has four C554e units with the FS533 but one has done it twice already. You definately have to put a little force on it when pushing it back into position. I've compared it to the other units here but I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary. I have the front cover off the finisher and can see the operation of lever in staple mode. Other than the user using a lot of force to pullout a jam, I cant see any other way for this lever to flip.

rickh68
07-23-2015, 10:07 PM
I too am dealing with the same problem. My customer has four C554e units with the FS533 but one has done it twice already. You definately have to put a little force on it when pushing it back into position. I've compared it to the other units here but I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary. I have the front cover off the finisher and can see the operation of lever in staple mode. Other than the user using a lot of force to pullout a jam, I cant see any other way for this lever to flip.
After doing a little investigation, I was able to track down the user who removed a jam from the finisher. they said they had to lull on it with a little force. This explains how that black plastic lever gets flipped.

allan
07-23-2015, 11:13 PM
You can in fact move it back into position. It can be a bear to move, as it is a very tight fit, and may take a little more force then your ready to put.... but it can be pushed back to where it belongs. Have had several in here with this issue.

I figured that out to late, i stripped it down the first time. But your right the right amount of force would pop it back into the right position. Its amazing how much force that takes to get it in the wrong place.

Custom Search