PDA

View Full Version : BH C452 not selecting Ltr-R paper with doc fdr or off glass

Custom Search

Desert Rat
07-22-2015, 04:42 AM
This seemed odd to me because a friend had called me with the same problem on the C454 BH.

I looked through setting but could not find the one I needed to fix the problem.
When I put a Ltr-R sheet in the feeder I see a display along the top representing a short end feed. (Ltr-R)

Push the start button and it tells you to select the correct paper size or load the by pass. Ltr-R is loaded in tray 2
and the display under paper trays sez that it is loaded. Yet it does not select it.
My customer was trying to run one sheet through the feeder and have it folded in half.
I did not see an auto orient setting.
And she wants to run this from her computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

DR

allan
07-22-2015, 06:52 AM
i recently had a case where i had to reload the printer driver to fix a mismatch error on a C364e. But your dont even want to make a copy. Is the marketing area on the machine set correctly?

Desert Rat
07-22-2015, 01:24 PM
allan, thanks for your suggestion.
Now that I think back I did not check that.
Also is there a setting for auto image orientation?
I have not seen one in svc mode. Is it a dip sw setting?
I'll look through the book later.

Thanks
DR

tech51
07-22-2015, 06:36 PM
If the trays are set to anything other than plain this will occur.
Also it's worth checking that the trays are available in the auto select tray settings.

blackcat4866
07-23-2015, 12:18 AM
That was my thought too. If that tray is de-selected for auto tray selection it won't pick it. Likewise if it's set to anything by plain paper it won't auto select it either. =^..^=

Desert Rat
07-23-2015, 05:27 AM
Blackcat4866 and tech51,
Funny you should mention the paper tray settings. I did check to make sure
they were all set for auto select.
But the customer designated the Ltr-R tray with special paper.
Next time over I will change the setting and check again.

Next to get rid of the no animation message on the screen.

Thanks a bunch

DR

emujo
07-23-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this..."My customer was trying to run one sheet through the feeder and have it folded in half". We call this a paper jam...Emujo

Desert Rat
07-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Emujo, the machine never jammed it just would not select
the Ltr-R size.
My customer tried to run that as a copy job after she
had trouble sending it from her computer.
The original did not jam.
Right now I have a couple of calls to do before
going back to check settings.

DR

emujo
07-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Emujo, the machine never jammed it just would not select
the Ltr-R size.
My customer tried to run that as a copy job after she
had trouble sending it from her computer.
The original did not jam.
Right now I have a couple of calls to do before
going back to check settings.

DR

I'm just "trying" to keep things funny..lost in translation I guess...the suggestions you've been given will probably fix things for you..The MFPs are pretty finicky..plain paper is the default for copy/print. If you have anything other than plain paper "selected" for a given tray, the MFP is supposed to act this way. When you send a print job that needs to be on special paper you must select it within the driver properties. The problems pop up when a user makes a change (knowing or unknowingly) and just walks away. The copier/print driver thinks you know what you are doing and responds accordingly. A good key op on how tray priority/auto tray selection and changing paper types affect copier and print driver operation may prevent a 2nd or 3rd trip for the same issue. Emujo

Desert Rat
07-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Emujo,
Thanks for that explaination. That makes sense. Now to explain it to the customer.
That's what they did, change the setting and left it on.
Now I see why some of these units have upto four trays.
This unit has the 3rd tray lct.

Thanks emujo, you just gave me a couple of puzzle pieces.

DR

Custom Search