PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280, Toner empty indicator

Custom Search

Hansoon
07-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Got from a wholesaler a nice BH-C-280 having all toner indicators in the lower range. When we put the machine in the field as a rental machine usually we use new toner cartridges. However, the BH-C-280 generally is a little different in indicating the amount available in the cartridges and not showing the actual real content of a cartridge.

Is there any way to force the machine to calculate the toner quantity of a new cartridge other than vacuuming the sub hopper out of toner and having an empty cartridge in place to force the "Toner Empty" procedure to start with?

Hans

tech51
07-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Got from a wholesaler a nice BH-C-280 having all toner indicators in the lower range. When we put the machine in the field as a rental machine usually we use new toner cartridges. However, the BH-C-280 generally is a little different in indicating the amount available in the cartridges and not showing the actual real content of a cartridge.

Is there any way to force the machine to calculate the toner quantity of a new cartridge other than vacuuming the sub hopper out of toner and having an empty cartridge in place to force the "Toner Empty" procedure to start with?

Hans
Short answer is no.
However since it only calls for a replacement toner when the sub hopper begins to empty, it will still use all of the toner in the cartridges.
It just shows low on the display

EarthKmTech
07-22-2015, 08:56 PM
we send second hand machines out with a set of toners for the customer to change as required.

customers are also advised to never change toners on any machine until the machine asks for it too.

this has caused us no troubles in the 4 years i've been at this particular company.

Blaze1978
07-22-2015, 10:28 PM
customers are also advised to never change toners on any machine until the machine asks for it too.

This.

Never ever replace the toner in that series, unless the machine is telling you "Replace cartridge" and will not make a copy until you do. The machine does not display the new toner bottle otherwise.

allan
07-23-2015, 12:18 AM
initializing the machine data worked on the last one i put out.
But it would show that the bottles are full.

Just leave it like it is and give them a spare set.

Hansoon
07-23-2015, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

initializing the machine data worked on the last one i put out.
But it would show that the bottles are full.

Thanks Allan that worked indeed in my case too. All are showing 100% now.

Great!

Hans

EarthKmTech
07-23-2015, 07:48 AM
your customers must be a bit more precious in that part of the world - have never needed to worry about this in the past :cool:

Hansoon
07-23-2015, 08:30 AM
GERMANS!

Glad I'm Dutch, though having German roots....... lol

Hans

CompyTech
07-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Sometimes running stabilizer or manual add toner will correct it self. I try to educate customers when I can on these series machines on how the toner process works. That prevents problems. Other than that, things get really fun when the customer loads the wrong color into on of the slots and wonders why their copies are coming out "blue" for example. :)

rrrohan
07-24-2015, 07:04 AM
also i would turn off consumable life reminder

the amount of customers who dont read the message and replaced a basically full toner because it was asking for the corresponding Dev or Drum.

EarthKmTech
07-24-2015, 09:55 PM
It didn't help with the fact that practically the entire life of the series up till one of the last made firmware updates the cyan developing unit was called an imaging unit on the warning message. Many drums ended up going in the bin unnecessarily for that too.

It was me personally who was annoyed enough seeing that message and being asked WTF it was all about from customers that finally had the typo fixed.

Funnily enough, it surfaced yet again in the 4 series but has since been fixed.

Hansoon
07-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Must be the translator. We have had similar issues and straight out dumb, stupid faulty German translations in the past.

This is not the expected high class, high tech equipment but just consumer electronics. Obviously.

:mad:

Hans

copier addict
07-25-2015, 03:01 PM
Must be the translator. We have had similar issues and straight out dumb, stupid faulty German translations in the past.

This is not the expected high class, high tech equipment but just consumer electronics. Obviously.

:mad:

Hans

You will like the C280 series more than the C353 series. They are like night and day.

Custom Search