PDA

View Full Version : BH C353 fax, it recieves but will not send. T-82 code

Custom Search

Desert Rat
07-23-2015, 06:04 AM
This was the last call of the day for me, so I did not look the code up yet.
But most of the time the problem is the phone line, from what I've seen anyway.
I have never really had to work on this part of the machine.
What am I in for here?
I did swap the board out with one from the shop machine. It was working when
we put the machine in the shop. Same result T-82 code.
When I dial with the tone on I can hear the dial toner after I enter each digit.
Hit start and it scans, I did not hear it dial the tones of each number entered.

Any insight would help

Thanks

DR

Desert Rat
07-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Looks like it's time to have the phone company check the line.
At least it will buy some time before going back.

DR

Mr Spock
07-23-2015, 11:33 PM
Check the country setting in service mode.

blackcat4866
07-24-2015, 12:42 AM
I handle 90% of these calls with my analog handset and my cellphone.

First I check that the cables are connected, and seemingly intact.

Second I connect my analog handset and dial my cell to see what phone number pops up on caller ID. If there isn't a dial tone, it doesn't go through, or doesn't ring I'm done: call the phone company.

Third I call back that number from the cell. If the analog handset doesn't go through or doesn't ring I'm done: call the phone company.

If the first three are successful I print off the fax Tx log, and highlight any failed transmissions. Then I call the failed Tx phone numbers from my cell. 90% of the time there is "9" prefix where there shouldn't be or there isn't a "9" prefix where there should be. Or the listed number isn't a fax. It could be an answering machine, it could be disconnected, it could be a modem, ... anything but a fax. Sometimes I'll take the time to riddle out exactly what phone number they intended based on successful transmissions further up the list.

I have needed to change perhaps three fax cards to 25 years. And I've had to clear corrupt documents from the memory a few times. But that's extremely rare. You could do the majority of the fax calls with just this paragraph.

Endusers are flabbergasted when I dial the recipients fax number and they hear the "Beep. beep. beep. The following number has been disconnected ... ". Some even say: "Well, I could have done that!"

Yup. =^..^=

nmfaxman
07-24-2015, 12:53 AM
Plug a cheap phone into the fax line and push the 9 button.
Listen for noise on the line.
Fax to and from your office fax that is KNOWN to work.

Turn on monitor and listen to the communication back and forth.
Each tone should happen twice until you hear static.
The static is picture data. Then a couple of more tones between pages.
Try it with 2 working faxes and you can tell the difference.

Print out a protocol report. It will tell you which fax is not working right.

Adjust attenuator or equalizer for signal strength.

Just some things to try.

Because I am the Faxman. LOL

wseyller
07-24-2015, 03:42 AM
All of the above response I agree with. For testing receive faxes I will have the office send one, use faxzero which is free and the HP test fax number which you can Google. For send I use faxtoy.net which will show you the last page of the fax on their website.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Desert Rat
07-24-2015, 06:39 AM
Thanks everyone for those replies.
I certainly have something to work with now.

I did go back today with an old analog phone and tried to dial my cell. Nope didn't happen.
On my phone there is a switch for toner or pulse. I had it set to tone. I pressed 9 and then dialed,
same thing. But I did not call the fax number with my phone plugged in to the fax line.
Also a while ago the phone company told me to use a conditioner on the line with older phones.
I had the conditioner plugged in also. I don't have a land line in my house. It seems pointless.

And I just realized the service manual does not cover the fax fk-502. The book sez see the manual.
Swell

Seems like its always something

DR

blackcat4866
07-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Congratulations. You are officially now trained on every model of fax that has ever existed. =^..^=

Desert Rat
07-27-2015, 07:40 PM
I feel better, but the fax is still not working. I will have to face this again this week.

DR

blackcat4866
07-27-2015, 11:14 PM
I feel better, but the fax is still not working. I will have to face this again this week.

DR

I don't understand why. Are you doing their phone repairs also? =^..^=

Desert Rat
07-28-2015, 05:03 AM
No Blackcat I am not doing any phones for anyone.
There IT tech said he used his blue tooth and just dialed out
no problem. He said he has a cable for his phone. I did not know
that the blue tooth could do that?
So I am going to meet him on Wednesday to go over the problem.
I don't understand why they just don't call the phone company?
I told him from a techs point of view it's just the next logical step.

DR

Custom Search